Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm so impressed with my P99 that I'd like to stick with walther for a .22 purchase. Is the G22 worth the extra $ when I can get a 10/22 for $180 or so? How's the accuracy and reliability? Are there 30 round mags available?
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had my G22 for about 7 months. Upon first purchasing it, it seems to misfeed. After talking to my dealer, I found that I was not applying enough oil to the action. Once that was done it worked well. Then a month ago, while camping in the Mohave desert, the trigger mechanism jammed. I had to send it to SW and they fixed it. I must say that SW warranty policy is very good, as they paid for round trip shipping via FedEx. I also noticed that they machined the action so the plate that goes on the opposite side of the ejection port could only be inserted one way. Prior to that, it was very easy to place the plate backwards, causing the action to jam. I've fired the G22 twice since it's return from the factory and it's working good as new. It is sure a fun rifle to own and shoot.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have only two complaints. 1) It takes me an hour to figure out to put it back together after i clean it. every time lol. 2) the carry handle is much to far forward to be balenced or to mount a compact scope. Other than that i have had 0 missfires due to the guns fault. After 600-700 hundred rounds without cleaning it it had difficulty ejecting but that is pretty good for a .22. Accuracy is incrediable. The weight is all in the rear of the rifle making it very comfortable to shoot and much easier to keep steady.I have used remington ammo and federal ammo and i personally like the federal stuff better, although it eats both just the same.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool, thanks for the experiences guys, I'll have to keep my eyes open for one when I get the $ I guess...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts