Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Congrats! Based on what appears to be a full package, less the second magazine, this is a good deal if it is anything under $1000. Reliability of the full-size P88 are reportedly a bit hit or miss, so I hope that you got a good one! :cool:

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so I hope that you got a good one! :cool:
Me too. There is very little chatter about the P88 either way...not even a YouTube field strip video. As I said earlier I didn't even have one on my radar but this deal fell into my lap. It was too good to pass up at closer to $500 than $1K. Maybe I can trade it for a P7 some day.

I'll run a couple of mags thru it in the next day or so and report back. It's a really clean example and i will keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Me too. There is very little chatter about the P88 either way...not even a YouTube field strip video. As I said earlier I didn't even have one on my radar but this deal fell into my lap. It was too good to pass up at closer to $500 than $1K. Maybe I can trade it for a P7 some day.

I'll run a couple of mags thru it in the next day or so and report back. It's a really clean example and i will keep my fingers crossed.

Congratulations on the find! You have a real collectable there and one that is a great shooter. I own two of them, one purchased new when they were in production and a "shooter" that was just the pistol (no box, etc) that happened into my LGS. I've never had a problem with either pistol. Original 15rd magazines (P88 marked) are uncommon and expensive ($100-$125 at gun shows) but I have been told that the magazine pattern is the same as the P99 (I've never tried to confirm). Finding holsters and other supplies isn't too hard... ebay is a good place to start if you are patient. Welcome to the club!

Regards,
ltstanfo

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
On the magazine issue...

According to this thread:

https://waffen-welt.de/showthread.php?t=8840

Beretta 92 magazines will work, after cutting in the required notches, and Walther P99 magazines would work also, but the plastic floor plate is too high so the magazine doesn't latch in. Metal floor plates from either CZ75, Beretta 92 and Sig226 should fit. That poster only tried with the Sig floor plate and it fits, latches and cycles manually. He hadn't tested function with live ammo at the time he posted that.

Above is merely a brief paraphrasing of that German language thread. I take abso-effing-lutely no responsibility for the content.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I have an ad up in the WTB section and am keeping my fingers crossed. I will have to pony up in any case as I need another OE mag to complete the package.

BTW the P99 mags are too wide for the P88.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Please share.

I dove pretty deep into the internet, not the "most popular" links stuff.

I'll do another "deep dive" on the topic later today, and post some results.

Finally no rain, heading out for hours of yard work around the house.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I need to remember the title of this thread IF the CEO finds my P5 bunker. But honey, this one followed me home from Cabala's Ft Worth 2 weeks ago , and these 2 followed me home from Austin last week, and those are ALL too nice to shoot so I had to go online and order a Var8 shooter, when online ordering the shooter, I saw a fourth safe queen at a good price.............I need to buy her something expensive, as a pre-emptive strike!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Hey Jimbo, I just got another one, and my last one as well. It is a Safe Queen as well. see the one on Gen. Discussion Forum. I sold my Very Good condition one, and added it with another Firearm I also sold, to get this one. Is yours a 1989 in the 5,000 range also? Bring it to the Shoot, we will have 2 Safe Queens for everyone to see. Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Be sure to see the Post I did about our Luck, I got a Photo of both Pistols on it. It is on General Discussion. called: 2/2/S. Paul

1 - 20 of 24 Posts