Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I’ve been looking at different 9 mm semi autos and discovered the Creed. All the reviews I’ve read on it make me want this pistol more. Haven’t heard 1 bad review for it but most of the reviews are from a couple years ago. I’m curious if anyone has had their Creed for a few years how it’s holding up? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I don't have a Creed but I do have it's predecessor, the PPX. I've owned a couple since 2013 and they have held up just fine. They shoot as accurately as my P99s and PPQ. They are just bulkier.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought a Creed off of CDNN when they had a super killer deal last winter.

It has quickly grown to be my favorite range pistol. Extremely accurate and reliable with any ammunition that I feed it. Close to 300 rounds so far.

I'd buy one and a few spare mags - if I had to again.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have a Creed but I do have it's predecessor, the PPX. I've owned a couple since 2013 and they have held up just fine. They shoot as accurately as my P99s and PPQ. They are just bulkier.

I tried the PPQ. Only thing I didn’t like was that little paddle on the trigger. That’s why I liked the Creed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have one. Love it. Have put over 1500 rounds through it. Got it from CDNN on sale for a steal. My first 9mm. It is a bit snappy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have one. Love it. Have put over 1500 rounds through it. Got it from CDNN on sale for a steal. My first 9mm. It is a bit snappy

Hope you saved me one.😂

·
Registered
4 Posts
All the reviews made me have it for my first hand gun I just bought it last night 499 canadian tho lol only came with 3 mags and that's it though

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Two gripes I have with the gun. The bore axis is really high. As in, “what were they thinking” high. Second, the trigger is the best worst trigger I have ever used.

Let me explain....

It’s a long, heavy 2A trigger. Ugh. However, and this is important, it’s smooth, consistent and easy to stack.

The gun is kind of stupid accurate. Which is kind of a real surprise. It just shoots well.

For $300 the gun is a deal. For $250 a steal. But for a few bucks more, I really think a PPQ is a better option.

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Two gripes I have with the gun. The bore axis is really high. As in, “what were they thinking” high. Second, the trigger is the best worst trigger I have ever used.

Let me explain....

It’s a long, heavy 2A trigger. Ugh. However, and this is important, it’s smooth, consistent and easy to stack.

The gun is kind of stupid accurate. Which is kind of a real surprise. It just shoots well.

For $300 the gun is a deal. For $250 a steal. But for a few bucks more, I really think a PPQ is a better option.
Yeah. The trigger is kind of a DAOish trigger. I think of it as what the HK LEM wanted to be. Walther did a good job I think for what it is.

That type of trigger is a little out of vogue these days but it's still very shootable. Its clean and consistent at least.

I'm probably biased because I have about a million rounds (an exaggeration) of DA revolver shooting under my belt. I like DAO triggers for self defense guns.

It's no problem with a little practice. No need to stage it, at least within reasonable self defense distances.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had the creed since it came out. Literally within 3 months of it being on the market. I love it, but it's not the best handgun out there. I have never had any issues with it at all. The trigger could be better, the sights need to be replaced ( you will lose a dot or two shortly after buying. It's hard to find parts and holsters (imo). But hey it feels great to me and shoots well and never fails. Good gun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had my Creed for a couple of years and have shot over 1500 rounds through it. Not one malfunction of any kind, is crazy accurate, and easy to take down. I put a Jpoint red dot on it to help my 59 year old eyes. There is no better 9mm value on the market. I have a Beretta 92 and the Creed fits better in my hand and is way more accurate, It is my favorite range gun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ive had mine for about 18 months, and have never experienced any malfunctions. Bore axis is a little high, and trigger could be better, but for the price it is a great range gun. I love the way it fits my hand. Have approximately 800 rounds through it, and still no issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got my first Walther Creed and like it so much I bought a second. It’s a very reliable 9mm. The only bad thing was after the first mag one of the rear sights popped off. I called them and they sent out a new rear sight. I have that one as a spare now and bought a set of Trijicon Tough-N-Bright. Add in a stainless steel guide rod and viola. My favorite holster is hands down the Aliengear 3.5 cloaktuck. The Creed is awesome!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love it when people say the trigger on the Creed is heavy. I have a DAO revolver that is my EDC gun. I have no problem shoot it. It's a 2" snubby and I can put holes where I want holes to be. The Creed is EXPONENTIALLY easier to shoot than my little 2" snubby. I think I could close my eyes and still hit the target.

I own a Ruger LCR...if you want to experience a stiff trigger...that's a stiff trigger....and it's by design. Because it's a pocket sized mouse gun and that heavy trigger keeps you from perforating your femoral artery.

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
I love it when people say the trigger on the Creed is heavy. I have a DAO revolver that is my EDC gun. I have no problem shoot it. It's a 2" snubby and I can put holes where I want holes to be. The Creed is EXPONENTIALLY easier to shoot than my little 2" snubby. I think I could close my eyes and still hit the target.

I own a Ruger LCR...if you want to experience a stiff trigger...that's a stiff trigger....and it's by design. Because it's a pocket sized mouse gun and that heavy trigger keeps you from perforating your femoral artery.
The Creed, in my humble opinion, has an excellent trigger.
No, it is not PPQ short and light but...it is smooth and consistent which is what it is really all about. It's a really good "defense gun" trigger. Maybe not what I'd choose to shoot a bullseye match but as a defensive gun it is more than adequate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maybe not what I'd choose to shoot a bullseye match but as a defensive gun it is more than adequate.

All of my guns are defense guns to some extent. I don't shoot competitively. If my gun gets within a few inches of what I'm aiming at then it works for me.

For years I was a motorcycle instructor and a track day junkie. I used to laugh when some rich guy would bring his $60,000 Ducati Desmosedici to the track in his matching leathers and I'd pass him on my clapped out $2000 Suzuki 600. I wasn't an expert rider, I just spent more money on training, education, and practice than I did on my bike. I learned to use what I had to its limits.

A skilled shooter with a Creed is going to out shoot me with the finest, most expensive handgun made.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts