Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6 hours to go before I get my hands on a PPQ SC.

Can't wait!

C'mon Walther rebate season!!

Also Marlin rebate season.

I bought a nice 1894 last year that was NIB and shipped free.

The low cost of the rifle and the sweet Marlin $75 rebate made it the
best buy gun for me in 2018.

However, back to Walthers..

I'm on the fence about a PPQ SC, and being able to handle one today will
tip me one way or another about them.

But even if I take a Pass on the purchase of an SC, rebate or not.

I plan to buy a PPQ 45 and also a Walther Q 5 Match before Dec.

Last year the cut-off date for the rebate was Sep 15th.

http://www.waltherarms.com/Rebate100/

I'm hopeful that July 4th might bring us some rebates on the
PPQ and even PPS series.

Go, Boston!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dealer told me that it was "In Stock" but I guess his meaning of that and my meaning differ.

No actual Sc to handle in the store.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad that you guys agree what In stock means to a possible customer.

I'm also glad that I didn't have to drive an hour to leave very frustrated.

I'll evenually get to handle a SC in person, but really feel that the grip will be too short, even with the fingertip extension.

The PPQ SC would give a slightly larger or should I say..wider grip and two more rounds.

After 9 hours today with my PPS M2 on my hip, I'm not sure if my bad back could handle even a few more ounces of Walther.

Also, I'd like to say that since I decided to go away from CZs I'm the founder of CZ forum.com and have owned CZs for over 35 years) and venture into the World of
Walthers, and Walther forum.

Since day one, and now going on 3 years. You guys have been super nice to me.

I like quality guns and quality people:)

·
In Memoriam
15,041 Posts
I'm also not fond of little grips where my little finger hangs off the bottom, or the grip simply doesn't fill up my hand. I added a +2 baseplate to the P99C mag and THIS helped a lot. In the end though, I sold my P99C .... not because it wasn't a great gun....it was....I'm just used to grabbing hold of something that fills up my hand. I carry full size peestols.

·
Administrator
3,029 Posts
Glad that you guys agree what In stock means to a possible customer.

I'm also glad that I didn't have to drive an hour to leave very frustrated.

I'll evenually get to handle a SC in person, but really feel that the grip will be too short, even with the fingertip extension.

The PPQ SC would give a slightly larger or should I say..wider grip and two more rounds.

After 9 hours today with my PPS M2 on my hip, I'm not sure if my bad back could handle even a few more ounces of Walther.

Also, I'd like to say that since I decided to go away from CZs I'm the founder of CZ forum.com and have owned CZs for over 35 years) and venture into the World of
Walthers, and Walther forum.

Since day one, and now going on 3 years. You guys have been super nice to me.

I like quality guns and quality people:)

It's great to have you on the forum.

This is an area where HK's VP9sk has an advantage. There are magazine options that can give you a slightly longer, but not as long as full size grip.

I'd really like to see Walther come out with similar mag options.

Choosing a carry gun is somewhat about finding the sweet spot in concealability, capacity and shootability. More mag/grip options would allow the gun to fit more people's hands.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I have the PPQ SC LE edition with 3 mags. One 15, two 10 (one flat base, one pinky extension). So far so good! It's a great shooting gun. After shooting the PPQ 5" extensively, the SC is just as fine a shooter as it's big brothers.

Welcome Aboard! Glad you're happy with your SC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.