Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Walther Creed is here, like it or not...I mean really how could you not like it besides the fact it is a slightly updated (and that's opinionated) version of the ppx. It's here, the trigger is well above "average" and it's a walther....I love mine. No issues whatsoever. Butttttt.....I would like to grab some sights...and no one has done a complete run down on what is or Isn't interchangeable between firearms...I think that would be helpful for those of us who ain't know it all's and still are working on knowing it all. Thanks for the possible help!

Shoot Straight

·
Super Moderator
3,880 Posts
I had one in my hands earlier today and wasn't impressed. It had far more takeup than I like ... in a gritty trigger ... that broke as crisply as play-doh.

If this is what Walther products have become, I'll be sticking to my P99C, PPS Classics (2 of them), PPK, and P38 ... and buying nothing new.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
They've given the Creed a very good marketing push. Hopefully they will sell well. It will be interesting to see what is next to be added to or updated in the lineup.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I had one in my hands earlier today and wasn't impressed. It had far more takeup than I like ... in a gritty trigger ... that broke as crisply as play-doh.

If this is what Walther products have become, I'll be sticking to my P99C, PPS Classics (2 of them), PPK, and P38 ... and buying nothing new.
By all reasonable accounts the PPQ trigger is on the better end of the spectrum.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Does this Creed have a Walther alpha-numeric designation or just this silly name?

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Just a silly name....

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
PPY would be a better name. :D

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The Creed uses PPS sights...

Reactions: PPS1980

·
Super Moderator
3,880 Posts
By all reasonable accounts the PPQ trigger is on the better end of the spectrum.
I actually handled a PPQ at the same time so that I could compare back/forth between them ... and there simply is no comparison.

i.e. The PPQ's trigger is a 'real trigger' in my book ... and the Creed's trigger isn't. Heck, back when my first PPS Classic's trigger was new it felt better to me than the Creed's trigger does today (and it feels many times better than the Creed's trigger now that it's had many rounds put down range using it). :(

FWIW: The Creed also seemed to have a lot more 'slop' in it, tolerance-wise, than the Q. I wish the LGS had a PPX in stock so I could have compared that to the Creed at the same time, as that might have been a fair comparison. (It was obvious to me that comparing to the Q wasn't fair...)

Reactions: PPS1980

·
Super Moderator
3,880 Posts
I didn't know what to expect, hence why I went to my LGS to cop a feel of the new gun and compare it to its brethren.

·
Registered
11 Posts
creed trigger

Hi, Reading some of the comments about the trigger on the Creed I am noticing some of you are comparing it to a striker fired firearm. That's really unfair. Check it against some of the DA/SA hammer pistols on the market and you will see its comparable or slightly better. For the price, Walther is offering a decent gun.
I just purchased the Walther Creed and put 400 rounds through it. It took me about 125 rounds to get used to the gun, I had to move the rear sight and the magazine release and was able to get 3 inch groups at 10yds. I found it has a short reset and you had better not stage the trigger. Just pull straight back. I was looking for a moderate priced hammer fired gun with a firing pin safety because I was sick and tired of cleaning the strikers on my LC9s and my Kahr CM9.

·
Super Moderator
3,880 Posts
I already admitted in post #9 that it wasn't fair to compare the Creed to the Q. But it is absolutely fair to say that after handling both, I would never buy the Creed; it simply isn't for me...

·
Registered
15 Posts
If the Creed and the PPX use the same sights then Dawson Precision has sights. I have their all black charger rear sight and fiber optic front sight on my PPX. It makes for a very good sight picture

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If the Creed and the PPX use the same sights then Dawson Precision has sights. I have their all black charger rear sight and fiber optic front sight on my PPX. It makes for a very good sight picture

can anyone confirm the sights would work for either? Any other parts that are spec'd the same that would be interchangeable as well??? Just questions...I imagine the Walther Forum should have these answers before other sites..for obvious reasons. Walther.

I do enjoy the creed though. It is snappy north and south, but maybe I'm just not used to it yet. (Only about 200 rounds through it)

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I... I... I...

I don't know if I should like your post or not...

The prospect of a pot metal P5 is actually horrifying.

But, yeah, I could see them doing it.

Sadly.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
If enough suckers can be induced to buy one, Umarex will make it.

Actually, it's a great business plan. It will be a Walther, right? James Bond, right?

M

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I finally was able to handle a Creed yesterday at a gun show... big, clumbsy, blocky like a Glock and just plain ugly.
My suggestion is to save your money and get the PPQ.

Reactions: P99pete

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was initially skeptical but wound up buying a new Creed at LGS, the only one he had. I have a PPQ and for 200 bucks less the Creed is a good value. Better than the PPX, which I had and sold.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts