Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
Just wondering what is the lightest pull you guys have seen a on new factory stock PPQ?
I bought a new PPQ 45 from Sportsman Supply and it's just awesome. It's the smoothest trigger I've ever felt on a pistol but measuring with my Lyman digital gauge I get readings of 4.7#'s to 5.0#'s with most being 4.8#'s.
Thinking my gauge might be off we checked it with my buddy's gauge and got the same but more 4.7#'s.
I just wanted someone else's opinion about the trigger and is it common to be that light? It's really fun to shoot but I wouldn't want to carry it around loaded. By the way I have a 9mm factory tungsten coated and it's nice but it's trigger is about 5.7# Thanks,

Jim D

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Mine measured 4.5/4.6 right out of the box, and it's gotten better.

Ol'Fart shot mine a few months ago, commented that it was exceptional for stock.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine might get lighter then. I've only got 200 rounds of 185's through it and I forgot to mention the reset is just awesome.
Thank you guys.

Jim D
SE Texas

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to say also, when I got mine I got a free set of Talon over lay grips. Have you ever used them and how do they feel? I've been debating whether to try putting them on or not. I've never installed or used Talon's before.

Jim D
SE Texas

·
Registered
322 Posts
I forgot to say also, when I got mine I got a free set of Talon over lay grips. Have you ever used them and how do they feel? I've been debating whether to try putting them on or not. I've never installed or used Talon's before.

Jim D
SE Texas

I have Talons on most of my handguns, including PPQ. I use the rubber ones, gives a better grip without increasing overall grip size. They make a 'skate tape/granular' one that obviously is grippier, but abrasive on clothes and skin.

Even if bought one to try for MSRP of $19, worth it, comes off easily and cleanly if don't like it.

Installation is a breeze, I've read many forums where people complain about coming off, etc....I have one pistol that has nearly 20K rounds through it, has same Talon that I installed when new, so follow directions when installing and won't come off until you pull it off.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have the 5" PPQ in 9mm and 40sw and these guns are thoroughly broken in. I just picked up the PPQ 45 and this trigger is far and above better than my other PPQ's. It was immediately noticeable when I dry fired it for the first time.

It's been mentioned here before that the PPQ45 has a better trigger than it's siblings. I thought nothing of it, until I bought one.

Regarding the Talon Grips, I have them on all of my PPQ's (minus my 22LR version) along with all my PPS's. They're worth the meager investment for a better grip.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Your numbers are typical. It’s a light trigger. If it’s too light for you to feel comfortable carrying loaded, then I would advise to carry another gun like a P99 with a decocker. I think SA/DA guns are more ideal to carry anyway. As an instructor that’s my very strong preference.

Mine is around 3.5...probably even less (modified). I don’t carry it simply due to size but the light trigger doesn’t bother me for carry that much due the thousands of rounds and trigger discipline I have. Even though, I still prefer an SA/DA. And I also have to consider the legal aspects (which is contentious) of a lighter modified trigger.

·
Registered
486 Posts
The 45 is the lightest of my PPQs, although I haven’t measured it.

Walther does have an alternate spring that gives a slightly heavier pull. They sent me one a few months ago.

Dave

·
Registered
284 Posts
My custom PPQ has a stock trigger and springs, but I did do some polish work on all the critical and moving parts from the trigger to the sear. It sits right a 3.7 lbs, and it is just about perfect!

I did try the spring modifications that can be found throughout this site early on, but found that I did not like the way it affected the speed of the trigger return, so I went back to the stock springs. With the spring change, I had the trigger pull down to under 2.5 lbs, but I figured that it was not worth sacrificing trigger reset times to get that low.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm super satisfied with mine and as I said the reset is awesome. I'm very careful with guns and comfortable with the pull weight but I don't think I'd care for it to be lighter. JMO

Jim D
SE Texas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts