Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
EVen with pics, I would not recommend taking the gun that far apart unless U have some experience with such things.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I shot about 200 rd through my QA and the trigger improved tremendeously.
Then I did the aforelinked 'fluff and buff'. I stopped after the trigger pin and trigger and the striker polish. From what I could see, Walther already polished the transfer arm. The trigger is very smooth and consistent now.
For a lighter trigger you could cut off a few rings of the striker spring. There used to be an entry on the old forum from some that removed up to 5 coils from this spring. Should reduce the trigger pull a little. You can also try a Glock spring in it's place, it's lighter and has about a 5 lb pull. You must however realize that a weaker spring can lead to misfires and since the QA doesn't have second strike capability could lead to an embarrassing death.

Fritz

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there any way to lighten the trigger on a P99 QA?
Besides polishing all surfaces involved in the trigger action I cut off eight (so far) coils of the striker spring. I started with four, test firing about 200 rounds after each cut. Polishing gave me very smooth pull and cutting the spring lightened it.
Of course before I did all of this I called around asking if any gunsmith could help me. They all said no after learning that it was Walther P99. Even Earl?s guys could not help. Not mentioning the S&W. I contacted a guy in Walther Germany, but they wouldn?t do it for liability reasons.
I would post the pictures, but don't know how.
.grig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts