Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a front-end accessory light that's short enough to fit the P22 without hanging out rediculasly under the muzzle? With current LED technology I see no reason why a good bring spotter cannot be 2-3" long or so, but the only accessory lights I've seen on the Walther USA page are made for full sized arms, not the diminutive P22...

I'm going to pick mine up here in about 20 minutes...cannot wait.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I use a SUREFIRE G2 NITROLON Flashlight with either P-60 or P-61 lamps.

I mount it on the P22's own Weaver underbelly base, as well as on the side of the Tac-Mount (when a Beamshot is taking the place of the underbelly Weaver base), with a Weaver Detachable Top 1-inch Ring attached to the surefire's battery-come-ON/OFF lid/switch at the back.

Fits snuggly.

Turning the flashlight body to the left (anticlockwise) turns the light ON. A flashlight helps make the P22 front-heavy (resulting in less felt recoil, which adds to accurate shooting) and is a blast to use in conjunction with a laser sight in pre-sundown light or even in pitch darkness.

Using just the flashlight beam (no laser), in total darkness without properly aiming the other night, I managed to hit a Maxwell's Coffee can @ 15m with the second shot. The first shot was used as a sighter. Having seen where the first shot landed helped adjust the second shot hitting the can dead-on, despite the fact that I was shooting from the hip.

Requires a bit of practice. It has taken me a while to get used to this technique.

Next, slap on a laser sight and repeat. It is so much easier to use the laser sight if you have mastered the flashlight-only practice of shooting like a cowboy in the dark, first.

Crete

1 - 2 of 2 Posts