Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure why my threads aren't being posted, but i'll try again.

My father has a PPQ Match 5 Combo that we are trying to get to shoot lighter loads. Currently we use a 135GR projectile, AP50N powder with Seller & Bellot primers. I can load near minimum powder and fire from my 9mm, but we need to load maximum powder just to get his PPQ to cycle rounds.

I know with my Shadow CZ2 i replaced my springs and tweaked it to try get lightest loads possible, but i am having trouble finding out if there is anything we can do to his to drop the weight. So far all i am thinking is dropping the projectile to a 120/124GR, and/or trying different powders.

Any idea's or help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Heavy bullet with a fast burning powder. Go 147gr or 160gr for the slowest recoil impulse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Heavy bullet with a fast burning powder. Go 147gr or 160gr for the slowest recoil impulse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What he said. You are moving in the wrong direction.

Ke = 1/2 M x V(2)

A 147 with a lower factor of 300 will be very soft and cycle perfectly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I run the NOE ELCO bullet with a flat nose profile. It weighs 156gr with Lyman #2 pushed by 2.8 gr of Titegroup, has a power factor of 130 out of my Q5 match.

I have also ran 147gr Berry’s, pushed by 3.2 gr of Titegroup, power factor 130 out of the Q5 match.

Both loads are pretty light recoil and haven’t had any issues cycling with stock spring. I have run a few thousand of each through the Q5, I prefer the heavier bullet combo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I run the NOE ELCO bullet with a flat nose profile. It weighs 156gr with Lyman #2 pushed by 2.8 gr of Titegroup, has a power factor of 130 out of my Q5 match.

I have also ran 147gr Berry’s, pushed by 3.2 gr of Titegroup, power factor 130 out of the Q5 match.

Both loads are pretty light recoil and haven’t had any issues cycling with stock spring. I have run a few thousand of each through the Q5, I prefer the heavier bullet combo.
I'm from Australia so am trying to find comparison to the powder we use. Apparently Hodgdon Titegroup is made by same manufacturer, Thales, where i run AP50N ADI Powder. Has anyone found what Titegroup might be sold under for Australians? I see it mentioned everywhere but it's hard for me to compare to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts