Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My LGS has had this (see pictures) in the case for quite a while. Pretty fancy grips and nickel (stainless?) in .380. It's a consignment gun so I'm not sure how much flexibility there is in price.

It's an Interarms, made in West Germany, serial 27226. DA trigger is gotta be 12lbs, SA is not too bad.

I've decided I want to add a PP to the collection. I prefer .32 as it's softer shooting but would appreciate some comments as to how much snappier .380 is on this platform.

If anyone can give me some insight into this gun I'd appreciate it.

Pricewise...is it in the ballpark? And does anyone recognize the grips?

If the deal is right I'd go for it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
Does it have the box and papers and flat mag?

If so I'd say that is a very reasonable price. Without those things it is a bit high but still reasonable if it is in good working order.

If the serial numbers of the frame and slide don't match than there is an issue and I'd be concerned.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Pretty fancy grips and nickel (stainless?) in .380.

Since it's a PP it can't be stainless. It's either nickel or chrome.

What do the sights look like ? You may need to apply some black or red paint over the plating to get a good sight picture.

·
Super Moderator
7,303 Posts
That seems a lot of money for a gun that has been fooled with. The chrome isn't original; does a close examination show that any pits or other flaws have been chromed over. Check the obvious stuff; does the decocker work, does the hammer stay cocked, that kind of stuff.
The grips are really handsome, but the whole thing seems a bit blingy.
Don't mean to whizz all over the OP's Cheerios, but for that kind of dough, he should be able to find an unaltered .32.
Moon

Reactions: Redcat94

·
Registered
629 Posts
Haven't heard what the asking price was yet...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Many thanks to all who posted. It's much appreciated.

And yes, I'm going to pass on this one.

First, it's .380 and I really want .32 (I had a beautiful .380 Sig 230 and sold it as it was just to snappy to be a fun shooter.) Next, is the price. I can get a Manurhin from Simpson's for about the same price OTD as this will cost, and the "French" PP will mate nicely with my Manurhin P1. Finally, you folks gave some good advice here and I like to heed the experts. Again, thanks for the postings.

·
Super Moderator
7,303 Posts
Having had one, the .380 P230s are about as snappy as a PP series.
The .32s are simply sweethearts, again like the Walther.
For the OP, that was the right move. Tho' some altered guns do attract us. I've a hardchromed P5 like that.

Moon

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Having had one, the .380 P230s are about as snappy as a PP series.
The .32s are simply sweethearts, again like the Walther.
For the OP, that was the right move. Tho' some altered guns do attract us. I've a hardchromed P5 like that.

Moon

Right you are! I'd take a hardchromed (or pink ceracote, skyblue latex, or pinegreen watercolored) P5 compact in a heartbeat. But those don't seem very easy to find.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
It looks like the "6" on the frame has been badly converted to an "8". Intentional? Accidental? Who knows?
It could have occurred when the frame was polished or maybe it was a weak strike to begin with that got further obscured during the plating process.

·
Super Moderator
7,303 Posts
Right you are! I'd take a hardchromed (or pink ceracote, skyblue latex, or pinegreen watercolored) P5 compact in a heartbeat. But those don't seem very easy to find.

While I have serious reservations about a pink Walther, :eek:, your point is well taken.
Of course, the price would have to reflect the fact it had been egregiously fooled with. :D
Moon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts