Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a new gun shop in town and I stopped by today for my first visit. I saw the familiar box and asked to see what was inside. It was an Ahhhhh monent. I am happy to announce that my search to collect all the PP/PPK series guns in both .22 and .32 is now over! This '65 Ulm .22 was mine the second I opened the box. I paid $875 which is more than I wanted to pay but who knows when another one this nice is going to come along.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Buy once cry once.
No cryin' round here tonight. I almost popped a bottle of bubbly and should have videoed the happy dance.

It came with 2 mags and cleaning rod but no papers. Both mags have finger rests so I'm in the market for flat bases which I prefer. Woodies are already on the way. This pistol has one piece grips which need further inspection. They may be copies. I'm not sure when Walther switched from 1 to 2 piece.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
No cryin' round here tonight. I almost popped a bottle of bubbly and should have videoed the happy dance.

It came with 2 mags and cleaning rod but no papers. Both mags have finger rests so I'm in the market for flat bases which I prefer. Woodies are already on the way. This pistol has one piece grips which need further inspection. They may be copies. I'm not sure when Walther switched from 1 to 2 piece.

Same here, I'm grinning ear to ear tonight.

Got my NIB HK P7M13 safe queen today ($2,999.99).....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I don't understand this discussion over the price. I think that PPK was a bargain. I would not sell mine for that.

M

This statement from the OP drove the price discussion....
" I paid $875 which is more than I wanted to pay......"

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Yeah, right. I don't want to pay more than $10 for any gun I buy...but I do. I just don't have remorse about it afterward.

M

So true.

I posted my HK price to help the OP feel "better" about the price he paid.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I agree with Mike, that is a good deal on a nice gun. Vintage German PPK in all calibers are going up in price, and I would have snapped that one up and not considered it anything other than a steal. Nice get!

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Congratulations Jimbo ! I've got one of its younger brothers, S/N 107097LR. Only 27 units ahead of yours ! You got a great price on it. I paid $800 for mine about two years ago. No box and only one magazine. I've shot between 150 and 200 rounds through it. It hasn't been picky about ammo so far.

You're going to have a lot of fun with this. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I've got one of its younger brothers, S/N 107097LR. Only 27 units ahead of yours picky about ammo so far.

You're going to have a lot of fun with this. :D
Thanks Red. Does yours have 1 or 2 piece grips? My '67 ha 2 piece and I'm thinking this '65 should be the same. Be nice if the previous owner put wartime grips on it. Improbable but not impossible as the gun came from a very large collection bought from an Estate.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After putting on a set of 2 piece grips I took the PPK out for a little workout. Other than a few FTFs (Federal bulk HP) it functioned flawlessly and I couldn't be happier. It is a real sweetheart to shoot.

As far as the old grips go I have no way of knowing if they are actually Walther or aftermarket. Maybe someone here can tell.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts