Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search for an answer to my question but didn't find anything.
Been searching for a PDP 4.5" and find an amazing array of serial numbers.
Some start with FDA, FDC, FDH, FDK etc., etc.
Can anyone explain what the first three letters of the serial number indicate?

·
Registered
332 Posts
The don't indicate anything specific just a prefix they chose to use starting on the PPQ's. When it its FDA9999 it rolls over to FDB0001 and so on. There's not really any reason that I'm aware of that they choose a 3 letter, and 4 number SN system. The P22, PK380, and CCP for instance do a 2 letter, and 6 number system for guns imported starting in May of 2013 when Walther Arms took back over.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gunner. So the guns that I am seeing advertised, if they have like an "FDK" prefix I am assuming they are a later build than say an "FDC" or an "FDH", is that correct?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I would say that is generally correct. I have seen where a SN that comes after another one was actually had a date stamp before the older SN. From what I figured out is the older SN number was part of batch that ended up on some kind of hold and didn't get sent to the proofing house until after some batches that came afterwards did. Resulting in it not receiving its date stamp until after it's proofing was finished.

I would would be nearly impossible to know without having two guns that happen to meet that situation side by side.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Gunner. On the PDP, is the year date on the end of the right side of the frame the only indication of manufacture date

1 - 5 of 5 Posts