Walther Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
September 12, 1985

Dear Sirs:

I recently purchased a Walther PPK/S, serial #S026xxx. After the first time I fired the weapon, I noticed the red dot indicating the weapon to be in a firing position was gone. I looked on the firing line but was unable to find the red dot.
Having read the service policy and believing this to be a factory defect, I have written this letter. Your service policy "strongly recommends" the weapon be returned to the factory for service. This being such a minor problem I hope returning the weapon will not be necessary. I am a police officer working for the city of Houston, Texas and carry this weapon as a back-up. It also will be my primary off-duty weapon. For these reasons I do not wish to be without my weapon while it is shipped back to your factory.
I hope Interarms will be willing to ship me a new red safety dot or reimburse me for taking the gun to a local gun shop for repair. Using this weapon in my profession I hope this small defect is not a reflection of the overall quality of this Interarms product.

Respectfully,
(Name withheld)

·
Super Moderator
7,510 Posts
Oh, dear.
Those factory red dots are thin on the ground. I looked on Gunbroker and Amazon.
Moon

Reactions: Balogh

·
Premium Member
8,669 Posts
The sad thing is I think I may have taught that LEO in one of my Public Safety Diver Classes...:)

Scary isn't it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This thread caused chills. A quick check of my new Fort Smith PPK/S confirmed that its red dot is well secured. The little pistol's serial number is also firmly affixed. God Bless American Craftsmanship.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Me too
I have an inter arms ppk/s this is my primary ccw
I received it in 2014 from my father
It was still in box and never fired made in the mid to late 80 if I recall
So I put this pistol into service and took it to range day one worked well
Range day 2 same red dot fell off gone
Recently added a post about ammo
My ppk/s needed a tune up because of feed issue
The tune up was done by gunshooter enterprises in Delaware
The tune up was supposed to include reset red dots I believe and I also believe it wasn’t
My favorite range officer at the Town of Islip range recommended a steady hand and testers enamel model paint
Getting off track a bit
Inter arms is out of business and maybe because issues like this
There’s also a guy Who used to work at inter arms that works on these guns search this forum and you will find
There is a micro small divot bored into frame and the thin little red dot is stamped in some how

·
Super Moderator
7,510 Posts
Nick', I fear we've been leading you down the garden path.
The red dot is Testors red enamel. They have a habit of popping off.

Most fix it themselves, or leave it alone.

Moon

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
I took a walk on the wild side and re-did mine in a bright reddish orange. Call me crazy, call me wild if you will. But to my surprise it worked just as well with the bright reddish orange dot as it did with the original red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
But will an Interarms red dot fit a S&W ? Does it need a gunsmith to install ? I need to have answers !!!
I wouldn’t chance it. Might check Numrich or maybe even eBay for an original. I do think that the German, Manhurin, and Interarms red dots are interchangeable though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wouldn’t chance it. Might check Numrich or maybe even eBay for an original. I do think that the German, Manhurin, and Interarms red dots are interchangeable though.
They come in quantities of about 500 to a bottle, and are sold in most drug stores.

M

·
Registered
360 Posts
I did mine with fingernail polish and a toothpick. Dip toothpick into polish, sparingly,
and touch the center of the recess and the polish will flow to fill it in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts