Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Cheaper guns like the Creed two two basis things:

- allow people to get into the sport at a lower price

- provide the ability to defend themselves at a lower price who might not otherwise be able to do so.

Would I buy one? No....sort of way past the cheap gun unless I wanted one for my boat or my truck.

But hey.... there thats me.

Though I would probably buy a Canik over the Creed.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Cheaper guns like the Creed two two basis things:

- allow people to get into the sport at a lower price

- provide the ability to defend themselves at a lower price who might not otherwise be able to do so.

Would I buy one? No....sort of way past the cheap gun unless I wanted one for my boat or my truck.

But hey.... there thats me.

Though I would probably buy a Canik over the Creed.
Let's clarify one thing. There is a difference between an inexpensive pistol like the Creed and a cheap one like a Jennings. The former work, consistently, the later do not. I find nothing wrong with the Creed other than its not as capable as my P99AS. If I were just getting into shooting and wanted a FS Walther I'd probably start with it.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
The PPX was my first Walther. Still have it. I like shooting it. When I do get around to acquiring a Creed, Magazines(I have 5 already) won't be an issue.:D

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
The Creed is made in Ulm by Walther directly, just as the PPX was and it's sad that people are still trying to claim that it's an Umarex build. It's stamped on the slide, unlike the CCP which clearly states otherwise and has a lot of build quality issues.

As for it being a poor quality firearm or a poor man's gun, get a clue. I personally chose the Creed over the PPQ because of the lighter slide recoil spring which makes it easier to rack and I personally prefer the trigger over the PPQ. Cost had nothing to do with it and the build quality is the same as the PPQ aside from the 3 piece barrel.

Even so, the PPX used the same exact barrel design and the number of failures due to it were negligible and most commonly a result of over pressurized hand loads or crap steel case ammo. Don't be cheap with ammo and it's not a problem since the PPX was capable of putting 10k+ rounds through it without a hiccup.

If you don't like the gun, don't buy one but don't make things up to try and justify your point of view.
Welcome to the Walther Forums!

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
The Creed is made in Ulm by Walther directly, just as the PPX was and it's sad that people are still trying to claim that it's an Umarex build. It's stamped on the slide, unlike the CCP which clearly states otherwise and has a lot of build quality issues.

As for it being a poor quality firearm or a poor man's gun, get a clue. I personally chose the Creed over the PPQ because of the lighter slide recoil spring which makes it easier to rack and I personally prefer the trigger over the PPQ. Cost had nothing to do with it and the build quality is the same as the PPQ aside from the 3 piece barrel.

Even so, the PPX used the same exact barrel design and the number of failures due to it were negligible and most commonly a result of over pressurized hand loads or crap steel case ammo. Don't be cheap with ammo and it's not a problem since the PPX was capable of putting 10k+ rounds through it without a hiccup.

If you don't like the gun, don't buy one but don't make things up to try and justify your point of view.
Welcome aboard! Nice first post. :D

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Seems you're offended by my opinion.... I'm sorry if uou are the owner of a product that I hold a poor view of .
In the end all that matters is that you are satisfied with said product. Still doesn't make it a supuior firearm.
Peace out
Trust me, I don't give a rat's ringpiece about your opinion. I will however give you a counterpoint, as I did previously.

I don't own a PPX or Creed, but the handful I've fondled and shot were all quality guns. Just because it doesn't have "SIG" or PPQ stamped into the slide doesn't mean it's a cheap, worthless piece of ****. In fact, the last one I handled would've came home with me were it not for two details. It was a .40, and there was also an M2 Navy Q. I bought the Q, then had buyer's remorse a few weeks later. Sold it. Still long for a PPX, though the button to me is a downgrade.

Have you even handled or shot a PPX/Creed? If the answer is no, your opinion is void. And the word is superior. As in, fact is superior to opinion.
;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Genetic degenerative neuropathy decreases hand function and strength but good job for being a halfwit and thinking you're witty.
I feel your pain, figuratively and literally. I have diabetic neuropathy in my hands and feet, and it can sometimes be a struggle with actions such as wracking a particularly heavy slide action these days as a result.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
The Forums do have an ignore feature...Just saying.;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello-- new to this forum since I just got my Creed yesterday. Haven't fired it yet but looking forward to a bit more hospitable weather do do so. According to the information with my handgun, it was made in Fort Smith, Arkansas.

This is my first post and judging from some of the posts in this section there are some people with very strong opinions!

21 - 40 of 85 Posts