Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My "Legends in Leather" MI-6DA MK I shoulder holster arrived last week. This is the holster modeled off the holster used by Sean Connery in the early Bond films. A couple other threads mention this holster but I figured I'd start a new one specifically for this holster with an appropriate title.

My first impression is that this is an extremely comfortable holster! I love it!

I like that Jim Lockwood kept the leather uncolored so it doesn't bleed color into your shirt or vest. That is the most obvious difference from the one in the movies.

I did a fair amount of frame by frame study of Dr. No (on Blu-ray) of the scenes that show the holster. This is not an exact duplicate (but it is extremely close). I need to take some time and look at "From Russia With Love" because I believe there are some differences in the holster there.

In Dr. No, Connery does have the holster tied down via a button on his pants. However this is not a button for suspenders.

Advantages:
* Extremely comfortable
* Easy draw (after your first few draws)

Disadvantages:
* If you bend more than 90 degrees the gun can fall out. (otherwise it is quite secure)
* I'm not a fan of the tie down that is included (but you can easily remove it).
* It is a bit longer (hangs lower) than necessary (by about one inch).

·
Registered
854 Posts
I love mine as well. As you say, not a serious duty holster by any stretch of the imagination but oh so comfortable and soft on the gun.

I took a suspenders belt clip and threaded it thru the button hole with a pop rivet. It makes a real difference on the ease of draw having it secured.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bmwhd, did you make your own? Your photo looks quite a bit different from mine.

The scene in Goldfinger at 3 min 36 seconds is the best close up I've found so far and you can clearly see some aspects which are a perfect match and a few other aspects that are minor differences.

Certainly it's not a "serious duty holster", but it seems like an excellent design and perfect for usage in virtually any "social" situation (don't bend over to tie your shoes!).

Again, the comfort of this holster is incredible.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Mine is from the guy on eBay. It's a very close reproduction. The only major difference is the elastic is black rather than blue.

As for bending over, just squeeze with your arm ;-)

I've worn mine to a formal dinner and never gave it a second thought it was so comfortable and holds the gun at the perfect spot for me.

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice review! For those interested in a Daniel Craig era holster for their PPK, he used a Vega IB333 and what appears to be a Kirkpatrick K400 Detective shoulder holster(featured in the promotional posters for the movie Specter).
I ordered the Kirkpatrick for my PPS last year and it's well made but there's a long waiting period, nearly 3 months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts