Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
if you read the description, which is basically honest in an open sort of way, then its clear they don't really think it is... but it could be..... of course,... maybe..... it might be....
the price is another big clue. If they really thought it had real Himmler connections, there would be another digit on the price.

there is an interesting discussion on the other PPK forum about another possible Himmler PP
Coming to RIA: Himmler Presentation PP - P 38 & PP-PPK Collector Forum

I need to amend my comments further on this thread and add some pictures of Menz pistol that has the some engraving of the same dual styles as this RIA one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did read. I made the assumption it is difficult to authenticate. I haven’t seen examples of Himmler awarded PPKs. If inauthentic, then fraudulent to pass off as authentic. Why would one do this to honor the man responsible for the holocaust? I’d assume a nazi supporter, post war, would throw some swastikas on it or some SS markings.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I did read. I made the assumption it is difficult to authenticate. I haven’t seen examples of Himmler awarded PPKs. If inauthentic, then fraudulent to pass off as authentic. Why would one do this to honor the man responsible for the holocaust? I’d assume a nazi supporter, post war, would throw some swastikas on it or some SS markings.
LOL, nothing as sinister as that, I'm sure. Just to make some money out of it.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Would the Gortz book verify? (I don’t know the detail information these books hold.)

You're confusing the Görtz/Marshall book on RSHA Walthers with Dieter Marshall's books on Walthers? Besides his RSHA research with Dieter. Joachim Görtz authored books on the P.08.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I did read. I made the assumption it is difficult to authenticate. I haven’t seen examples of Himmler awarded PPKs. If inauthentic, then fraudulent to pass off as authentic............... .

There is no attempt to pass the gun off as authentic. The description is very straightforward. I personally do not care for the engraving style. And I view the Himmler facsimile signature as an attempt to play off the later war "Dem Tapferen......" Himmler presentation Walthers.

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Is it just me or does the engraving on the magazine baseplate look sloppy ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m not making a negative claim about Legacy Collectibles, but to the engraver, if it’s inauthentic.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Is it just me or does the engraving on the magazine baseplate look sloppy ?

Think about it. There isn't much metal there for an engraver to work with. The most he can do is simple line engraving. The base plate isn't thick enough for any metal removal.

I’m not making a negative claim about Legacy Collectibles, but to the engraver, if it’s inauthentic.

An engraver was commissioned to reproduce the famous Walther.AH PP for a collector. He had no intent to deceive anyone. Nor apparently did the collector. How can you prove intent.

·
Super Moderator
7,412 Posts
It's done every day, by inference. Just sit in any criminal courtroom in the country and watch.

M
And, staying out of politics, as is our wont here, an important law enforcement officer declared there 'was no intent' in an infamous situation.
But I wouldn't bother calling his successor about this Walther. ;)
Moon

Reactions: pilkguns
1 - 15 of 15 Posts