Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are still good buys out there... I bought this P.38 from Legacy and it is very good but nicely refinished (by Liege?). It is all matching 4287d except with a P1 mag and brown AEG grips left 685 (38MD Z3, WA352, P1529 1; right 38MD Z3, P1528 2). It was export marked by WAFFSCHU DE 10 and then proofed by Liege Belgium, flaming bomb with L (for police/ army?), before importing by C.A.I. Georgia VT. If you can buy an AC41 for under $500, why would you pay more for a P1?

Attachments

·
Registered
923 Posts
Nice AC 41but the import stamp and refurb killed the collector value. Did it have matching mags? If so the mags are worth almost as mutch as you paid for the gun. But don't worry its still an exellent piece. I have purcased several P.38's and a 1964 P-1 from Legacy Collectables and they are both knowlegable and good to work with.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only the one modern Walther P1 magazine. Also on the left side of the barrel just forward of the locking block is '8.84 |Q| and the flaming bomb with an L' and of course WA359 through out. As for 'collector guns', there are firearms worth thousands, which I don't collect, then there are historical firearms used in the wild west or various wars or other categories. I certainly consider this a 'collector' and have no doubt that it could easily be sold for more than I paid, do to condition and that it will increase in value. But then I shoot with my collection.

·
Registered
429 Posts
diver,
Nice addition, Has accumulated additional history since the war. Each inspection and import means added use somewhere, history. Thank you for sharing and the pics. art

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
It looks like a really nice AC 41 for a great price. These early guns were very well made. I wish I'd seen it first... ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts