Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went by Shooter's Paradise, my local gun dealer and range in Virginia this past weekend. I asked about the P99 and since they know I am a left-handed shooter, they asked me if I would like a left-handed P99. I didn't even know such a thing was possible.

They called their supplier and they told me that if I wanted a P99 with the slide release on the right side of the weapon, I could buy a standard P99 and send it to Walther Germany to have it converted to a left-handed weapon.

Has anybody ever heard of this option? The first time I heard of this was when it was mentioned to me at Shooter's Paradise.

-Thanks!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whoa...old post resurrected from the dead...

Dansy; No, I did not get my P99 left-hand modified. I have the standard DA/SA P99.

I still don't know if it can be done. I suppose anything is possible these days if you have it sent to the right place and pay enough.

The fully ambidextrous P99 is not an official Walther model or modification. The amount of money and time required to do such a modification would not make much sense unless you HAD to have a P99. Otherwise, the obvious choice would be to save time and money and get an HK P2000.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts