Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lefties among us (myself included) love the PPQ for all of its ambidextrous controls. However, since accessories are still somewhat scarce, I'm wondering: if you've shot in competitions with the PPQ, what holster have you used? I'm talking about USPSA, or even IDPA. I'm interested in, mostly OWB models. Also, keep in mind that active retention holsters (index finger button like a Serpa) have been deemed "unsafe" in some competitions and are against the rules.

I've heard mixed reviews of the Fobus holster (hard to draw), but the price is nice.

The IMI holster looks great (adjustable cant, tension-only option with adjustable screws), but it only comes in right-hand models. :confused:

Blade-tech advertises its holsters for competition, but has anyone used one? For Instance, the Revolution series (and what model, since PPQ isn't listed).

Anyway, I've read all 20 pages :eek: of the "concise" holster thread and figured I'd start one on competition holsters. Hope that's ok.

Thanks!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Do not get a Fobus. I ordered one because it had what I wanted in a PPQ holster; LH, paddle, kydex OWB and at a low price. My PPQ will not fit in it in the trigger guard/mag release area. I forced it in and then had to clamp the holster in a vice to get a good enough grip on the pistol to get it out

I really like the IMI holster in the same configuration for my Glock 23.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I’m using a Blade Tech SRB (with the paddle attachment) for IDPA and I really like it.

http://www.blade-tech.com/SRB-Sting-Ray-Belt-Holster-IDPA-Approved-pr-939.html

IF I had to do over, I’d just order the paddle holster:

http://www.blade-tech.com/Paddle-Holster-pr-876.html

The paddle is very comfortable and very stable, I’ve used it in a couple matches, and practice (live and dry) and haven’t had an issue. The holster does provide very positive retention and it’s adjustable for cant, and retention.

I was not a fan of paddles till using this holster, but I was impressed enough with it to order a 2nd for my 1911(s).

You can order directly from their site, just put 4” PPQ and caliber in the instructions, or send them an Email like did.

Chuck

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really like the IMI holster in the same configuration for my Glock 23.
Yeah, they make left-hand holsters -- just not for the PPQ. Frustrating.

Also, thanks for the warning about the Fobus. Seems similar to other info I've found.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts