Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might have this experience before, but it's new to me at least ....

Called WaltherUSA to order a guide rod spring and a "SW99 backstrap" (just for comparison) to use it on my QA. They said the SW99 backstrap is slightly different but should fit, that's fine with me as I only want to see how that feels. At the end, the rep told me this would be considered 2 separate orders as I ordered one item from Walther and another item from S&W, and I have to pay for shipping twice, separately ....

·
Registered
263 Posts
The only way I could see this making sense is if the S&W and Walther parts are in different locations. Since their merging, I don't know how integrated their operation has become. Perhaps someone else could shed some light on whether the parts are shipped from the same place or not?

A recent Walther part of mine came from this address;
WAL
P.O. Box 228
Springfield, MA 01102-2208

If anybody has received anything from S&W, it would be interesting to see if it matches the above address.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the same address on the invoice when I ordered another guide rod over a year ago.

The rep was sort of embarassed when he told me about two separate orders, and he couldn't explain well. I got the impression the parts are from the same location, otherwise he would have mentioned that. Perhaps it's due to their separate bookkeeping practices. It's not a big deal, just found it odd.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I agree that it is odd. Hopefully its one of those things that S&W and Walther will iron out over time as they become more like a single entity.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I've been having a terrible time with my Walther OEM mags manufactured by Mec-Gar. Floorplates keep breaking. I don't even drop the darn things!

Anyway, after Walther America sent a new set of floorplates for my P99 .40, and these broke too, the Walther guy offered to send me some floorplates for the SW99. Got them in yesterday from the same address, but named "SAW".

I love that P99, but I'm embarassed to say that I can't feel comfortable carrying it with the original mags in it. Can you imagine the explaining you'd have to do if that thing let loose in the grocery store?! "Cleanup of 10 rounds of .40 cal and a mag spring in aisle 3".

Good thing I got some of those ProMags from eBay, or I'd have to try to carry a Ruger Competition Target in my pants

1 - 5 of 5 Posts