Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many Law Enforcement agencies in the United States are issuing their officers the Walther P-99? Does anyone know? Can you name a few agencies?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Last I remember was a sheriff's dept. in South Florida. Maybe one or two depts. up North, close to Toronta that supposedly use them. Been so long I can not remember. A few guys use them individually once they get permission from their dept. but aside from that, Walther has not gone after the American market. Don't expect S&W to push them either now that they have their new M&P.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I carried a P99 on duty during my entire police career at a small PD. All other officers at out department were assigned Glock 40's.

My chief allowed an exception in my case after much "prodding". No one was ever able to figure out how I was able to pull this off.

I recently retired, and the P99 went with me.

Wherever I went while on the job people (everyone) seemed to notice right away that my service weapon was not typical police carry.

I always kinda liked that.

The Walther P99 exceeds all Glock characteristics (bar none) but just missed the boat when the semi auto polymer hand gun was adopted by law enforcement agencies.

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts