Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imagine my delight when I drove 75 miles to pick up the P99 I had ordered from Gander Mountain and found it came with pre-ban ten round magazines. I had already waited several days and driven all this way, so I said well, hell, and took the pistol as is.

I can hardly stand to look at let alone use these stupid magazines. What is the latest and greatest source of magazines for the P99? Or is it simply Walther itself?

You assistance in steering me much appreciated.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Have you tried CDNN Investments? They usually have good prices on P99/SW99 magazines. I just checked a moment ago, and they currently have brand-new 12-round factory magazines for the 40S&W SW99 for $29 each.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, I ordered some magazines from them for my P99C, but am really in need of some for the full size pistol I just picked up.

As a recovering Glock fan (and all those cheap magazines) I have to say the Way of the Walther is not easy. Rewarding, yes, but easy, no.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
It could be worse..... you cold still be buying P7 mags @ $50+ for a 8 rounds :eek:

all jokes aside.... if money is the issue here.... CDNN sells SW99 mags that work perfectly in the P99 and are cheap at.....they might not have as nice of a finish but work just as good as the P99 mags and hold 16 rounds.....
also if you have a Sportsman warehouse close... they may have the 15 round P99 mags for $35, or if you are lucky they are still on the old pricelist @ $24

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perversely, CDNN is sold out of S&W magazines of any type for the P99 or the S&W version, but they have big heaps and piles of them for the .40.

Actually, it was a lot easier to find those HK magazines even if they did cost more. In a burst of misplaced planning I bought up all they had at the local gun shop at... well... big bucks.

Buy high and sell low seems to be my approach at gun ownership, but at least I get to shoot a lot of spendy pistols.

Anyhow, back to the hunt for P99 magazines, or even those S&W ones. As an aside, I notice that even the S&W web site only sells a ten round magazine for the SW99.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Walther USA has excellent customer service. I would suggest that you contact them and explain that your recent P99 purchase came with 10 rounders instead of the correct 15 round magazines. They may be able to send you a couple of the proper magazines if you send them a copy of your receipt. In the past, they have sent me P99 recoil spring assemblies at no charge. Give them a call and see what they have to say.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
while it might work......
due to mag restrictions in some states there is different ways of ordering a P99
10 rounders or 12 and 15 rounders for non restricted states....

·
Registered
539 Posts
I sent in 2 10rd mags with red followers and received 1 12rd mags in return. I moved from CA to CT and my postal address was enough for S&W to send me the full caps. I still have 4 10rd mags with blue followers, I haven't tried to upgrade those yet. I guess I should try but I wouldn't blame S&W if they didn't do that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts