Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read about these, but never seen one . . . until today, at a gun store in Las Cruces, NM. It's a Colt Mustang Mark IV Series 80 Plus II, this one in stainless. Owners manual, three magazines, but no box. Appears to be in great condition.

I'm stoked, but I won't get it until it tomorrow or Sunday, as they're shipping it to an El Paso store for the transfer.

Here's a Truth About Guns review:

Gun Review: Colt Mustang Mark IV Series 80 Plus II

·
Premium Member
14,302 Posts
Too bad there's no box....but, what a find....... Congrats!

I'll be passin' thru El Paso on the 7th (next month)...probably around noonish, en-route from Mesa to Ft. Worth.....driving a 26' U-haul. My gas stops don't include El Paso. :mad:

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I carried a Mustang pocketlite for quite a while, traded it towards a Kimber Micro 380, which turned into a Springfield 911 .380....I wish I'd have just kept the Mustang.

·
Super Moderator
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Too bad there's no box....but, what a find....... Congrats!

I'll be passin' thru El Paso on the 7th (next month)...probably around noonish, en-route from Mesa to Ft. Worth.....driving a 26' U-haul. My gas stops don't include El Paso. :mad:

That's too bad, doggone it. Let me know if you change your mind on that.

·
Super Moderator
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I carried a Mustang pocketlite for quite a while, traded it towards a Kimber Micro 380, which turned into a Springfield 911 .380....I wish I'd have just kept the Mustang.

I love the Colt Mustang Lite, but it's not in my current carry rotation. Probably should be in the winter, for when I need something smaller than the P99c AS. The darned thing weighs less than 13 ounces with an empty magazine. But this Mustang Plus II has got to be several ounces more.

I ran a serial number check this afternoon. The Plus II was made in 1991, which puts in the fourth year of production.

·
Super Moderator
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perhaps the most well proportioned 380 ACP in the Universe. :D
Enjoy it!!!

Wish my new P238-HD had a .625” longer gripframe.... I can learn to weld. ;)

Thanks. After handling it at the store, I have to concur. Light-years ahead of my Mustang Lite, although it's about half a pound heavier. I think Colt made a mistake not bringing this back at the same time they brought back the Mustang.

·
Super Moderator
7,511 Posts
A really handsome little gun; anytime you make a miniature anything, gun wise, it's charming.

With the locked breech, it should be a pleasant shooter.
Moon

Reactions: UniversalExports

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
You're going to like the Plus II UE. Mine was my main EDC for 20+ years until it was replaced by a PPK. Much nicer than the current Sig, Kimber, and SAI versions IMO.

It was one of my best ever gun bargains too. I got it from a co-worker who wanted a J Frame instead. He was only offered $100 trade in value from the dealer so he sold it to me for the same price.

·
Super Moderator
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're going to like the Plus II UE. Mine was my main EDC for 20+ years until it was replaced by a PPK. Much nicer than the current Sig, Kimber, and SAI versions IMO.

It was one of my best ever gun bargains too. I got it from a co-worker who wanted a J Frame instead. He was only offered $100 trade in value from the dealer so he sold it to me for the same price.
Well, I didn't do quite that well. But I thought I got a steal at $450 with three magazines and the owners manual. Just wish the lady had kept the box.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nice find UE. My dad has an older blued Colt Mustang MK IV Series 80 Gov. model and it was actually the first semi-auto pistol I learned to fire growing up. Such great looking pistol and very pleasant to shoot. In fact, it was the only 1911 based handgun he owned up until very recently. I guess shooting that thing when I was young sort of set the course for me having a deep appreciation for small .380 pistols from that point on.

·
Super Moderator
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Picked up this beauty on Wednesday. The local gun store manager looked it over, asked me what I spent on it, and told me that I, "Stole it." He said the store would put it up on consignment for almost twice what I paid for it. I told him, "No thanks. Think I'll keep it." Knowing Henry, I suspect he really wanted to snag it for himself, and was willing to give me a hefty profit to do so.

Yep. I'm pleased.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts