Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

here are the pictures of my late PPk RZM with a 60 degree saftey from the K-series.

I'm very interested in expert opinions.

Thanks Peter

Attachments

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Auf Deinen Bildern sieht die Waffe sehr gut aus: Gratulation!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry, Petero8 but the top slide is a total refinished FAKE. You need to see if you can get your money back.

Many, many things wrong with this but I'm not going to point them out on-line and give the forgers what they need to correct them and make others more convincing. This is the second fake RZM I've seen just like this in the past month - both were from Europe! Some are being anonymously dumped into auction houses to cover the sellers true identity. Somebody is smoothing out slides and doing their best to counterfeit an original RZM but they are lacking in their fundamentals. And sorry, but you are from Europe, so for all I know you could be associated with the faker circle and floating these by the forum to see if it gets by most people and then honing your craft from errors pointed out by "experts". Its a "dog eat dog" world out there friend - nothing personal

Good luck

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
OT: I wasn't aware that Donald T. is also a member of Waltherforums community... 😮

·
Registered
16 Posts
1. Hm...the dot in caliber is missing in slide legend. 7.65mm ->765mm
2. Letter K in ser. num is strange.
3. E/n stamp more likley to be Crown/n on RZM ppks.
It is probably a fake.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Hmm, OP's gun is within a known serial number range, probably made in 1940, proofmark changed from crown to eagle in 1940. OK, slide was perhaps refinished. But I don't really know from the pics...

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Correct. Dieter Marschall mentioned 372xxxK to be the last known. I think 2nd half of 1942.

Reactions: Tinker73

·
Registered
9,944 Posts
T font too tall in (Thur), decimal missing from 7.65, Mod. PPK spread out too much. Markings in pretty good shape vs. condition of slide serrations. But, all in all I have no idea. Obviously the decimal should be in the caliber. In looking at photos of similar models the RZM stamp is typically forward of the mag release center line but not always. I think a good number of master art paintings are fake. 1917

·
Registered
826 Posts
Comparing the one above with this one from my files, the above RZM makes me uncomfortable with its depth, as well as does the serial numbers. The RZM appears cut rather than roll-stamped. The photos he provided are not the best. People should make copies for their files in case the above is deleted.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It is obvious diffrence.
Peter, one another hint - remove the slide and check if num. 190 is scratched inside (last 3 digits of a serial #)
PPKs were serialised on slide at beginning of war, before that time were not. Only frame.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, but now I'm very surprised to read all these things about my PPk.

But first at all, I am a collector, it is my first and only one and I have nothing to do with fake any guns.
And I will not delete any photos, I can try to do better one and additionally make some photos from inside.

But during the week I'm working, so I can do it on the weekend.

·
Registered
9,944 Posts
How is the lettering applied. None of the ones below look like a roll die to me. Etched somehow? The T in (Thud.) is of a smaller size than the capital letters in Zella, etc. Not so on the OP pistol. Mod. PPK is not spread out with large spacing between the letters as is the PPK on the OP pistol and of course Cal. 7,65 m/m has the comma. The images below seem consistent to me. The RZM seems to either be lightly stamped/rolled or etched somehow. The OP pistol seems to have the Mod. P P K spread out and almost looks roll stamped.

So if someone were to fake all of this exactly how would they go about it? What slide would you begin with? 1917

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 6.23.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 6.42.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 6.34.34 PM.png

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Another way to go to be sure is to stick with guns that are in the designated RZM serial number block.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts