Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to posting,but i've been reading your post's for quite awhile now. Really good info. My question is,does any body have the laser with the Walther emblem on it,andhow does it work,cost,where toget it ect., any and all info would be greatly appreciated. thanks again.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Earl's got 'em. RSR Distributing has them too.

I'll check on dealer price Monday and get back with you. If I can save you some money, I'll be glad to help. Our sales rep has gone above and beyond in the past for me.

You looking for the older BA-5 or the newer one?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the one on Earls, kind of looks like it's been in a street fight or two  
 The laser device on Walther America is a BA-5 3volt,they had a 6volt a few months back but it,s mysteriously dissapeared from thier lineup....I guess you snoose you loose. Ill be looking forward to your feedback,again thank you very much!!! Just wanted to add,I purchased my p99 in 40-blk/blk a few months ago and have had nothing but true reliability, 400+ rds. of American Eagle varied grns. and still going strong  
 I payed 489.00+tax at a store here in Utah  
 bonus deal IMO!!! THANKS AGAIN

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry,got rambling
and forgot to answer your question...if your referring to the 6volt as the new one then thats the one I want. Also some info on you guys thats used one would be cool too.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Sorry I forgot to check today. I was surprisingly busy today at the range. I'll check in the morning for you.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Sorry I forgot to check today. I was surprisingly busy today at the range. I'll check in the morning for you.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I had a BA-5 from Earl several years ago. It was rugged, held zero even after removing and re-installing, and was extremely bright.

The down side is that not many holsters are made for the combo. Stay away from the PWL holster. It doesn't work for $*!t. I posted a review of that holster on my website and PWL got their legal department on my ass and made me pull the review.

Even after letting the gun sit in the holster for several weeks, it never did loosen enough to be able to draw the pistol/laser combo. The design is flawed.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
The BA-6 LD system is $362 and with the rail on it it is $375.

Still a small sum. I don't think I paid that much for my original Walther BA-5. The only reason I sold mine was that I couldn't find a working holster.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank's Mike,
          I found a BA-6 on Laser Devices site for that same price, dont know who you sell through or get them from but any way thats thier price too. Do you feel that spending any considerable range time with one of these would lesson your abilities without one? Do they slow you down very much in drawing and aquisition time, or is that same time improved because of the laser? Are they a good training only aid? One last question........for now, you said it had been several years ago that you had one, has the selection of holsters improved scince then and where should I look? The only reason I have so many questions about this is for that price I'm only about a 100.00 bucks away from what I bought my gun for and if it's not worth the time/money I'll probably buy the p22 target instead. I would like to check out your web site if you would post it.  Thanks Again

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
As a training aid I found it difficult to use beyond 15 yards. The dot moves everywhere during even slow fire and I'm a fairly good shot. It is very distracting to me.

Rapid fire at 7-15 yards was much more productive and not as distracting. Target is larger and the dot doesn't move around as much. It is good for follow-up shots. I had to have it because it had the Walther banner on it, not that I really though it had any practical application under my circumstances.

Someone who uses this on a Tac-Team like GSG9 or another elite outfit would probably have more use for it than your average Joe cop on the beat.

I have not seen any increase in holsters offered for the P99 with the laser attached. I believe at one time Uncle Mike's offered a dual retention tactical thigh holster for it and still may, but I haven't seen anything on it recently.

I really know of no standard duty holster for even the Glock, H&K, or Beretta when an attached light or laser is used. I don't know what those folks are doing about it either.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
That's my site, but I haven't visited in a while.

I get most of my stuff from Earl, but I've bought from all over the US and at gunshows. If I can save some money over Earl's prices for the same exact stuff I'll sure buy it elsewhere.

He charges more because he's a storefront operation and has to cover a lot of expences. Not to mention import fees and licenses and airfare. I don't blame Earl for trying to make a living.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just purchased the BA-5 off of a seller at the gunsamerica sight. I haven't zeroed it or tried it in a live fire, but will report as I do. Price was not bad at 200 for a used one. I doubt it was used much at all.

I'd like to locate a holster as well, so let me know if you have any luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Uncle Mikes has a holster that will take a weapon with mounted light. It's set up for the Glock (of course) and I don't know if it will work with other pistols.

They also have a seperate holder for the light. My shooting buddies tell me that they have seen Ayoob use the light seperated from the weapon. In a low light competition at the beep he drew with strong hand and drew light with off hand. Mounted the light to the gun just as he pushed out. (Might be a good way to shoot your finger off). Then he proceeded to "blaze" away. Just an idea. I'm thinking I might try this tack, but I plan on a lot of dry fire time (I have an M6/XD40 combo in the corral.

HTH

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A guy at one of my local gun range/shops said they were getting a shippment of lasers that replaces the guide rod
 I did'nt get the particulars ie; make, model, price because he could'nt tell me if they made one for the p99. I'll keep ya posted when i hear anything  

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is a new lot of lasers out that can be seen on the Walther America (Smith and Wesson) website under handgun accessories. The most interesting thing to me is the "universal 6-volt light". Loosk like a laser to me. I think that they have their pics rearranged.

They all look a bit large, but something might fit your fancy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts