Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have a laser sight on your PPS, and if so, which one?

I picked up a Crimson Trace laser guard in green for mine, really just to screw around with cuz I found it on sale. I always figured a laser was just gimmicky until I used it. So long as I keep good form, my speed and accuracy anywhere from 15-75 feet (indoors) is way up

In bright outdoor sun I can actually still see it well at 40' (kind of).

I think mine is here to stay!

I'm most accurate with a red dot sight, but not fastest, and even after six months of continual red dot practice I can still lose sight of the dot. Laser seems more practical to me for rapid acquisition and awkward shooting position.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
They can be fun for sure and serve a purpose too. I don’t currently use any but are great training aides if used correctly.

As to self defense, hit or miss. You still want to be able to identify your target and in dark conditions, they are great to aim, but horrible at target identification. That why I think a light/laser combo is good especially for home defense.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They can be fun for sure and serve a purpose too. I don’t currently use any but are great training aides if used correctly.

As to self defense, hit or miss. You still want to be able to identify your target and in dark conditions, they are great to aim, but horrible at target identification. That why I think a light/laser combo is good especially for home defense.
Agreed -- I was thinking about lasers here as purely aids to aiming. Target ID would have to occur through the use of sufficient lighting.

Seems the laser's purpose is to make it much more likely that I'll quickly hit the target I've ID'd :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the same in red on my PPS M2. I got it because it allows you to get your sights on the target without having to have your head in line with the gun. You still need a good trigger pull, but you can shoot from situations that would be impossible with iron sights.

People mistake them for replacing good fundamentals, but it's just a different sighting system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did have a Crimson Trace universal rail mounted unit on my PPS. It started turning on automatically with the first shot, so it's in for repair. I find I like it better without the laser, so I can wrap my offhand index finger around the guard. The laser will probably go on my 5.56 upper, which has a 3x Vortex prism scope on it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the same CT laserguard green laser on my PPS M2. Like it a lot, very bright, comes on easily as soon as you get your hand on the grip, but easy to turn off by letting up slightly on the middle finger. The green is easier to see than the red for daylight hours and longer distances. Not cheap, but has been very reliable, helps with accuracy, and worth the money, IMHO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts