Walther Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know where i can get a laser boresighter for a p-99 compact.laserlyte says theirs only work in 4 inch barrels.any suggestions or product info would be helpful.something of quality but not to expensive....i need to save up for my new pps.thnx.

mike(dam caps button just broke on my keyboard:mad: :eek: :confused: )

·
Registered
333 Posts
well if you must have one:

http://www.natchezss.com

AIMSHOT
9mm boresighter sells for $59.86 on sale -- If you have the .40 cal. you buy the .30 carbine boresighter and then must buy the .40 S&W ARBOR

this unit looks like a bullet and loads like one.

JF.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Just wandering why U need it. Honestly - I have a laser boresighter for my PS90 when I wanted to sight my eotech in at 50 yards.

But for a pistol, I truely think it isn't neceessary - especially for the P99 compact.

I had to make some minor windage adjustments on my SW99 and fullsize P99 (the compact was fine) - but that was done easily enough. I made minor, minor changes over the course of 2 range trips and I was good to go. AT handgun distances, I don't see why U would need the boresighter.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its for the compact and the fullsize(when i purchase one again:rolleyes: ),i should have clarified it better:D .im putting new night sights by trijicon on the pistols and as you know have to be zeroed in.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shipwreck,
thinking about it,maybe you are right.but it makes life easier.and i can use it on rifles if need be.thnx for the advice.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Well, I have had to replace the sights on a P99 before. The front sight is easy - if U are gonna put night sights on that - there is only 1 way to do the front sight.

As for the rear sight - I don't know about your P99, but both my fullsize and compact P99s have the rear sight slightly off center. Just take a long hard look at that. Then, when U put the new rear sight one, place it the same way.

I understand what U are saying about the boresighter, and that U could use it later. But quite often they are not perfect anyway. They tend to be a few inches off sometimes - the purpose of the boresighter is to get you on the paper to start off with. THEN you make fine adjustments from there.

When I used a laser to sight my PS90 in at 50 yards w/ my eotech, it was 4 inches high at 10 o'clock. But, it got me started, and I took it from there. It would have taken me forever just to hit the paper on my own.

But - at 7 yards, U will probably spend more time messing with the boresighter than if ya just did it the other way.

Just my suggestion.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
shipwreck,
yeah u r right,im not gonna buy one.didnt have one bfore,guess i dont need it now.

what do you mean about the rear sights?my compact just pops off by pressing in a little ''paddle'' on the screw side of the sight.then it just slides off.afaik the sight body is centered properly.ill have to check it out.im gonna site it in for 15 or 20 yards.how does the compact shoot at 25+ yards?ever try it?ill prob. go for 15 yds.

i had a full size once then sold it,but now im gonna buy another and use it fo idpa matches.dont know if its widely used in idpa,but its a great pistol and i only use walther.looking foward to trying it out in some practical combat courses.thnx again shipwreck,ill use the money i put aside and buy a few hundred rnds. of ammo and put the compact through its paces.:D

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
On both of my P99s - when the gun shoots accurately, the rear sight is just a tiny bit off center to the right. Remember, YOU get to adjust it for windage by using a screw driver on that screw inside of the rear sight.

On mine, the inside left edge of the sight is even with the left edge of the grooves across the top of the slide.

I've had to replace a rear sight once because I dropped the gun and damaged the rear sight. I looked at the sights position very closely before switching it. When I got to the range, I had done a pretty good job of putting it back in the same spot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts