1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update on Laser

I ordered a Universal laser from
www.laserlyte.com
and it arrived today. It took about an hour to find a good set of plastic wedges that ensure level and tight installation, but the good news is IT FITS!!!

I'll post a report after some range testing. Right now the dot seems just a tad low, but there are windage and elevation screws. My biggest concern was whether I would be able to get my pudgey forefinger on the trigger and I found there's enough space. Once the hammer is back obviously there's plenty of room.

This little toy is more a training aid than a real life aiming device. I have a nasty habit of jerking the trigger. Dry firing with the dot across the room its easy to see, and correct. Now lets see if it translates to accuracy at the range.

One last item, I plan to use this on my 1911 and .44 Mag Ruger. Who knows it might help me keep em in the 10 ring.

KKKKFL

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Good luck with that. Always just put the red dot on the very top edge of the front sight (when looking thru the rear). Then, fine tune as needed at the range.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quick report

The little bugger worked pretty well. It started slipping down the trigger guard after the first magazine however and I had to loosen/retighten for every other magazine I fired. The handout said this might happen and a small dot of CA glue would ensure a better non-slip installation.

Apart from that the switch is a little flakey. Sometimes the dot disappears, and the quickest method was to push the on/off button to the right(off) and then back on to the left. I think I will need a couple more trips to the range before I can say whether this is a good product or not, but it sure makes shooting the PP even more fun.

KKKKFL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts