Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I've not, to answer your question.

My TLR-2 does a solid job-- I appreciate the simplicity and versatility of the modes-- illumination, laser, or illumination and laser so I can actually see around the POA.

$100+ is quite a bit for a little red light, especially with rumors that some companies will be moving towards green :D but hopefully someone has some experience with it, cheers!

·
Premium Member
14,304 Posts
I'll add this. The TLR-2 is the full size, while the TLR-4 is the compact size. I have a TLR-2 on my Sig P250 Full Size....fits very nicely. I also have a couple of TLR-4's....I've got one on my PPQ 9mm for night time duty and another TLR-4 I'm currently installing on a Kushnapup conversion for a Saiga 12 ga. semi-auto shotgun. Here's a few pictures of the TLR-4 installed.

As for the red or green laser, I've found that the red works just fine for any potential shooting situations I can foresee being involved in. Yes the Green is more visible in bright sunlight. But, if it's bright sunlight and the intended target is within 50 feet or so, I'll be using the sights. The red works just fine indoors or even outdoors on a not so sunny day, or outdoors in the shade....and is currently a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
713 Posts
...... especially with rumors that some companies will be moving towards green :D ........
What happens when they come out with blue laser sights that will cook whoever you point it at? :p

Reactions: Boogs

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
You're right-- same reason I haven't bought an Xbox360... next thing is around the corner.

Couldn't hold off on a taclight though, bit more useful than video games :D

Reactions: Captatnman

·
Registered
713 Posts
imaoldfart, You have to post photos of that Kushnapup conversion for a Saiga 12 ga. It looks very cool.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
What key do you use on your TLR-4 for your PPQ? Yours looks like it is slightly to the rear of where mine is.

I love my TLR-3 (Now on my Caracal-F) and my TLR-4 on my PPQ for my nightstand gun.

Regards,
James

·
Premium Member
14,304 Posts
What key do you use on your TLR-4 for your PPQ? Yours looks like it is slightly to the rear of where mine is.

I love my TLR-3 (Now on my Caracal-F) and my TLR-4 on my PPQ for my nightstand gun.

Regards,
James
I can't remember which key I used, however, I did do quite a bit of filing on the key to get it to work and get the TLR-4 as far back as possible. Actually there's only room enough to get a piece of paper between the rear of the TLR-4 and the front of the trigger guard. I personally like it this way, and have never experienced any drag on the on/off switch.....clears, but just barely.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Has anyone tried the Crimson Trace CMR 201 on the PPQ?
I just bought a CRM-201 and installed it on my PPQ. As soon as I take it for a test drive I'll do a little write up. I was going to shoot it today. However, the range was nuts. Everyone is shooting their Christmas presents.

·
Premium Member
8,669 Posts
What happens when they come out with blue laser sights that will cook whoever you point it at? :p
Then we won't be spending money on ammo...;)

Reactions: marcus58
1 - 13 of 13 Posts