Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I am hard pressed for a combo. I can't find one anywhere. Do you have any suggestions where to look, purchase, etc. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Welcome to the board.....
there is only one true combo that makes any sense....
the Blast2 by LDI is the best choice IMHO but comes at a premium .....
http://www.centuriontactical.com/laser-sight-blast.htm

then there BA6 laser that can be mounted with a flashlight (make sure you order the adaptor with it)
http://www.centuriontactical.com/laser-sight-ba6.htm

both of these are available for the new or old style P99 frames.... so you need to make sure you get the right parts.....

now here is one that I am not 100%... as it should work since it is for the S&W rail and should fit the new style frame of the P99
http://www.calssportingarmory.com/INSIGHT_M6X_S_W_W_RAILS_p/intm6xsw.htm

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you own the blast2

It looks great. Do you have any personal experience with this setup. It looks to be the front runner. Ive actually tried the M6, but it doesn't fit. It is too big for the rail. I've seen where is is advertised to fit, but doesn't work on the SW99. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Sorry I don't own a laser... but the Blast2 would be the front runner if I needed a combo and the BA6 for just the laser.....
if you don't mind having some sort of mix there is still a flashlight holder that will attach to the bottom of the magwell that can make for another combo

·
Registered
36 Posts
laser/light combo

for the SW99 and later walther P99 with the more common style accessory rail, try the TLR2 by streamlight. as it comes standard, you'll need to change out the cross-bolt key to a sw99 unit. i think the current stock TLR2s are delievered with the key included...but if not, a phone call to streamlight gets one in the mail to you immediately. the TLR2 uses the same batteries as surefire flashlights, uses an unbreakable LED for 80 lumens of light, and the laser is mounted very compactly as a unit. operation is pretty much like any other tactical light, toggle switch for momentary on or constant on, and another toggle for laser only, light only, or both.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
For many years in the 1990s, I had a magwell light like that for a Glock 19 I used to own. I finally sold it and got a Glocklight when I prev had my Glock 34.

I just use the M5 light for my P99 and SW99 now - not worried about the laser.

Since I shoot the SW99 less, it is my nightstand gun - so I don't have to remove the light as often...

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I too have a M5 and while I think it gets the job done, I still want a TRL light since I heared it's great... and someday I will get me a BA6 just to have one.... and while at it a Blast2

all kidding aside.... I never leave the house without blade and my Surefire E2D Executive Defender... that light is just great

1 - 7 of 7 Posts