Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much debate, the decision to purchase a LASER for my First Generation P99 has been decided. Alas, I'm going to do it....

Here is the dilemma. The BA-6 looks GREAT on the older rails, but only fits them...
The adapter can be purchased to use the newer Pitcany Railed LASER's...  

Does any one have this adapter and a LASER on it? It can't be as flush fitting as the BA-6...

Until I figure which way to go, I'll do neither... Which way have you folks decided to go?
Why?
Do you like it?
Would you go that way again?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
tap tap tap... Is this thing on? testing... Can you hear me back there?
OK, thanks!
SINCE, sorry, too loud... Since I posted the above question I'm leaning more toward the adapter for the old Rail with the LASER that will fit the Pittcany Rail... I really like the looks of the BA-6 but they are just too costly for what you get...
I have purchased a P22 LASER from KIEI (thanks for the lead uncut) and will give my impression of that in the rimfire page when I receive it... It seemed the most appropriate to do the .22 first since I could not make my mind up on the P99... I'll say this about Donny at KIEI, his communicative skills are extremely high, his prices reasonable and if his service is as good as I think it will be, "I'll be back"!

Thanks for listening... Still open for comments/questions...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well, OK... nobody likes the roar of silence so here's my 2-cents...

I've got the BA-6 and it's a solid piece of gear. This is not a toy and the price and quality reflect it. I got mine off of eBay several years ago in the $150-ish range.

As for the RUMOR mill... I have *heard* that the newer Walther P99 laser is not all that great. Kinda cheapo. That style may work fine on the P22, but perhaps not the same luck with it staying on with a 9mm or 40. Adding a conversion for the rail to that mix may complicate things more. Again, that's SPECULATION on my part... not first hand info.

My simple advice: buy the good stuff ONCE and then you don't have to worry about it again.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hehe, thanks mambro!
Your point is well taken and I appreciate your feed back. I hadn’t really thought about the added complications of an adapter, but you are absolutely right... Well, back to the old thinking board!

I'll probably just bite the bullet and get the BA-6... Thanks again!

·
Registered
333 Posts
How you attach a laser is going to be a personal choice of fit and finish ...........

But any Laser bought from or made by Laser Devices Inc. as I think the BA-6 is............... it is going to be a quality device.

I have had a Laser device's Inc laser mounted on my Walther P-99 .40 cal for almost 3 years...........and have not had a minute of trouble with it. I opted to put a remote switch under a rubber Hogue "Slip-on" grip to activate the laser upon squeezing the grip. There are many devices sold by this company with many variations.

Check out their LAS/TAC II laser before buying the older model BA-6

JF.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the advice there sniper, I'll do just that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts