Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else having a problem using a laser cartridge for training in their Q5 Match guns? I'm trying to find one that works. One brand I have does not fit and won't allow the gun to go into battery and one fits but won't activate the laser when the trigger is pulled. Now both of these shoot fine in my husband's Sig X5 Legion. I own the Q5 SF. But neither worked in my poly gun either.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Reliability:the quality of being trustworthy or of performing consistently well.

When it come to a gun's performance the only way to monitor or learn it is by shooting it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
TARYAG Laser Training Cartridge on Amazon or direct from their site. I have their .380, 9mm, .45 and .308 trainers. Exceptional product and exceptional service. Has saved me hundres in terms of sight zeoring and training rounds in general. These are the only products that have put me dead-on when aligning my pistol sights.

These are intermittent, firing pin activated and not constant on like a bore sight.

·
Registered
16 Posts
TARYAG Laser Training Cartridge on Amazon or direct from their site. I have their .380, 9mm, .45 and .308 trainers. Exceptional product and exceptional service. Has saved me hundres in terms of sight zeoring and training rounds in general. These are the only products that have put me dead-on when aligning my pistol sights.

These are intermittent, firing pin activated and not constant on like a bore sight.
Which would be better; constant or intermittent? I’ve got a few red dots, and one on the way. The Romeo was wildly inaccurate. I would like the ability to zero my guns without investing in a ransom rest. Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a Laser Bullets model which works well in both my P99 and my Q5SF. Found that brand on recommendation from some youtube tacticool channel or another.

They’re good for close range dry fire practice, but not worth much for zeroing the pistol, as they’re slightly off center, which I figure is a complexity of barrel twist and real world recoil.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Which would be better; constant or intermittent? I’ve got a few red dots, and one on the way. The Romeo was wildly inaccurate. I would like the ability to zero my guns without investing in a ransom rest. Thanks
I like the intermittent for both dry fire and for zero. To me they are much more true to my (your) shooting style in that I can see where the round will impact and adjust my sights to it. I've never had to make more than a three round adjustment (I should say three groups of three rounds) to get my sights 100% on target with the way I shoot.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I use the G-Sight laser cartridge which is intermittent/FP activated and available on Amazon. I don't think its accurate enough for bore sighting however as the projection of the dot seems to change depending on the orientation of the cartridge in the barrel. It has worked in all of my 9mms though, including the PPQ M2 and Q5 Match.

·
Registered
383 Posts
eBay yes eBay has them and the work great. I have a laserlyte and the eBay one both work fine. eBay one was 1/3 the price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts