Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my new laser to the range today...felt a little silly, the cops were doing qualifiers and all came over, I thought to complain about the big bright red light on my target, but they all thought it was cool!  Still felt silly and only ran 3 mags through.

Good thing I have a ridged mount, the laser sticks out just past the barrel and gets hammered by the "blow back".  Also good I got the black one cause it was covered with black carbon once through.  Hate to admit it but I was able to shoot better groups with the laser.  When no one was looking I even shot at the hip...I'll deny this if anyone ever brings it up in the future to blackmail me!  Not sure it is going to last long though.  The pressure is so high it somehow shut the laser off twice.  Was able to push the button and turn it back on, not sure if it was the switch or the guts.  Makes me want to mount it to the rail even more...get it up closer to the line of fire and get it behind the barrel which should give it some protection from the pressure of the gases.

Am I glad I bought it...yes for 30 bucks.  Would I pay 200 bucks for one...homey dont think so.  Kinda reminds me of a joke, what do mopeds and fat women have in common...their both fun to ride but you don't wanna be caught on one!  Lasers kinda fun but I do'nt like anyone see me shooting it.  

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well I'm glad it worked out for you. I spent so much time adjusting mine that by the time I
got out to the range to use it, the batteries died after the first clip, L O L !
But like you said, for 30 bucks,,, what the heck! I did finally find a taticle scope mount for
the p99 at earls, and I'm going to post the link in my original post.

Cheers!

BTW,, hows your bore-sighting coming along?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey JJ, gave up on turning it into a bore siter...was going to have to do some cutting and grinding on it, and like you I had enough fun doing that with the one I mounted on my P99! That is funny about the battery running out! I only shot a couple mags thru mine and it was looking a little dim by then also...think I read the battery only lasts 45 minuets, and am sure it starts looking dim way before it dies.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I wanted to tell you guys that I found replacement laser batteries
on ebay for an incredible savings.  120 batteries went for $4.75 (US). With shipping my total came to  around $12.00.  Considering
I just bought one package of 5 for $6.00 in the store, this is
a great deal!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....32&rd=1

And no,,, the previous owner did not wear down the batteries
(LOL), the laser was brand new, not refurbished...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great info JJ, I just went thru my last set from the extra lasers I bought...BTW, my laser was really taking a beating from when I shot the gun, totally covered with soot, so I came up with a great idea, the laser condom. Got an end of a baggie and sliped it over the laser. Had some real small rubber bands that I used to secure the end, ingenious...till the first time I fired it! It ended up about 10 feet in front of me...how much pressure has to be generated to blow it off like that! Back to the drawing board...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I snagged 120 Ebay batteries for $3.75! Of course they snagged me back for over $6.00 in shipping, but under 10 bucks for 120 alkaline batteries is a steal...have always had trouble paying so much for batteries, wish they had other sizes also. Thanks JJ.

·
Registered
50 Posts
No Problem,, glad it worked out for you! I started thinking about
the laser dimming issue. I wonder if some of the miniscule soot
is also impairing the brightness?

The laser condom idea sounded ingenious enough, how about
this:
take one of those small finger condoms they use in mail offices
and cut a very small hole in the front. I know they've got those
in variable finger sizes and it's rather sturdy rubber. I've not
bought any recently, but I believe they come in boxes of 10 or 20.
Just a thought....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used a Q-tip to clean mine and it did not help...my laser condom idea was so the laser would not get slamed by all the carbon so it has to be transparent with no holes, have a couple other ideas of what to use...I like the figer condom idea cause it is thick...hmmm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts