Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

I am a new, proud owner of a PPS M2. Actually a second owner, I'm in California, this gun is off roster. I got it by PPT. I also own a PPQ M2 and P22.
May I ask a question? There is a long seeing through space between the slide and the frame on my PPS M2, I have attached some pictures. Is this normal?
If I press down and hold on the slide it sticks tightly to the frame. Once I let go, it create the space again. Please let me know if I should send it back to Walther since the recall falls into my serial number anyways. Thank you.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yes this is absolutely normal. Walther builds their guns to be used in crap conditions. To do this you've got to make sure the junk that gets in there can get back out. As I was once told "They're built to work through the blood, guts, and sweat of whatever bad situation you're in."

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes this is absolutely normal. Walther builds their guns to be used in crap conditions. To do this you've got to make sure the junk that gets in there can get back out. As I was once told "They're built to work through the blood, guts, and sweat of whatever bad situation you're in."
Luckily he's talking about the area that known as dust cover.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I have never seen such a large gap in other firearms as I own a PPQ M2 and P22 and those two have none. I was worrying there for a second because the slide looks wobbly when pushing downwards toward the frame.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've noticed a gap on quite a few semi-auto pistols including Glocks. If the pistol does not have full length rails like a 1911 then you do have a chance to see some light between the frame and the slide.

If it feels normal when racking the slide, all is good.

Nothing to worry about.

-- Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.