Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy! Think this might even be my first post. Just got a new to me PPQ SC, hugely impressed. Previous Walther experience was my PPS M2, great little carry gun.
Situations being what they are I decided I wanted a bit more on tap if needed, and picked up the PPQ.
Man, the trigger is everything it’s made out to be. Just one problem.....
THE FLIPPIN’ LANYARD HOLE in the back strap! When I grip tight the two edges of that hole dig in and bite the flesh of my palm. I’m approx 100 rounds into this thing and I’ve got a raw spot right where the edge of (either, tried both) the lanyard hole bites in.
I’m sure the full size PPQ wouldn’t cause this, since I’d think the lanyard hole (assuming there is one?) would be further down and out of the apparently sensitive area.
Has anyone else dealt with this and found a solution?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
I've never had the issue but you could try a grip sleeve, grip tape or shooting gloves.

Past that the only thing you could do is change your grip and I doubt that is a good option.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Hello 70pps. I have a PPQ SC and have not noted the problem. Our hands are all different though.

The gun comes with two different backstraps. Have you tried with the other backstrap installed?

You also have different mag options. Does it occur with different mags floorplates?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guess I wasn’t remembering things real well. Larger back strap made a big difference after I had a “I THINK I tried both...?” moment.
Thanks for the replies!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts