Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been here awhile, never posted.
I've owned a Walther PPQ for several years. A few years and a few thousand rounds on my M1, now own an M2 with about 5,000 rounds through it.

Problem is finding an inside the waistband holster for it that fits well, doesn't bind up the gun and is comfortable.

VERY limited choices it seems, ESPECIALLY since I'm left handed!

Any help in this arena? Currently own a black arch but when my belt is tight, the holster doesn't want to release the gun.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Tons! What are you looking for, all leather? Hybrid? All Kydex?

Hybrid are the most comfortable, but offer the worst retention. I personally carry my PPS in a Stealthgear IWB mini (it’s available in the PPQ) and a PPQ on an OWB flex. Black Arch has a similar setup, great to wear, even in the Texas heat and I barely notice when I am carrying.

In all Kydex, you can go Dara, Black Arch, seem to be the most popular choices that I run across. Clinger makes a decent holster for little money. I personally carry a Renaissance firearms holster. Chip Ream is a buddy and a great guy, and can make just about anything that you may want...

In leather, look at Savoy, DM Bullard, Tucker and Byrd. All great old school leather holster makers...

These are just a few, Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
Tommy Thies makes the best!

https://theisholsters.com

I'm a lefty who has carried my Qs in a Theis for years and loved Tommy's holsters

As you can see it conceals well too. If you want it to ride lower it can easily be adjusted to suit your needs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tons! What are you looking for, all leather? Hybrid? All Kydex?

Hybrid are the most comfortable, but offer the worst retention. I personally carry my PPS in a Stealthgear IWB mini (it’s available in the PPQ) and a PPQ on an OWB flex. Black Arch has a similar setup, great to wear, even in the Texas heat and I barely notice when I am carrying.

In all Kydex, you can go Dara, Black Arch, seem to be the most popular choices that I run across. Clinger makes a decent holster for little money. I personally carry a Renaissance firearms holster. Chip Ream is a buddy and a great guy, and can make just about anything that you may want...

In leather, look at Savoy, DM Bullard, Tucker and Byrd. All great old school leather holster makers...

These are just a few, Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the suggestions.

Hybrid preferably. Leather back, kydex front. I've got an alien gear as well, but not super impressed with it. Plus the screws keep coming loose on the clips on the Black Arch, sometimes backing out all the way!

Loc tited the last one that did this bit as the holster wore in, the the screws didn't back out, but the connection still got loose. Grr!!

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
Than you definitely want to look at Tommy's holsters.

Here is one of my Theis holsters after about two years of frequent use including twice daily 2 mile runs in the Florida heat.

He uses mostly metal clips now which IMHO are longer wearing but harder on your belts and clothing.

Here is my Q45 in a different Theis:

·
Registered
9 Posts
You might want to consider the Milt Sparks Versa Max II. It is all leather but also one of the most comfortable I have ever worn. Several other make similar leather holster with wings. It stays in place and I have worn it for over 20 hours on occasion and had no issues with comfort.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have an ammo box full of holsters and finally settled on JM Custom Kydex, which was recommended by several big name instructors .
He has IWB , AIWB , and OWB , both range and concealment .

Totally satisfied , except for the 6 week delivery ..... but that tells me he has a good backlog .

Tried the hybrids and they just don`t work for me . The big problem is reholstering , which in a class can be done over 100 times in a two day class. Same problem when doing dry fires from concealment ..... not saying they are bad , just won`t work for me.

Look also at Comp Tac for Kydex PPQ stuff .
Now have JM holsters for my P01 ... again , works best for me .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lots of good suggestions here guys! Thanks for all of the input.

Will have to take a close look at each of these options. My being left handed doesn't help with the situation either!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks again for the suggestions! Just went to the crossbreed 2nds store and picked up a dealer return left hand holster for $40 shipped!

Stoked because I love their crossbreed king tuk for my Glock!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts