Walther Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys I apologize if I am doing this wrong,I am sure I will eventually figure it out .I have the opportunity to purchase a Walther P99 9mm La Chasse.It is very busy and it looks like a billboard but I understand that there aren't many of them on this side of the pond.It is as new in the neat little checked material box with all the extras and the factory #rd target..I am sure I can pick it up for around $400.00. I am not the kind of guy that has a brand but I think my favorite might be my browning highpower.I really like the way the Walther feels but I don't think it would be a shooter anyway.I think I would show it off to my friends and clean it as handled.But probably never put a round through it.Sorry I got so windy,what I was wanting to ask is if it goes higher than $400.00 should I go after it.Would it be a good investment and where should I set my top dollar.Assuming I can afford it but I don't enjoy wasting money.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I own two La Chasse 9mms and I paid considerably more than $400 for them. In today's Walther environment, the only reason to buy one would be for collector's interest, perhaps as investment. The PPQ is a much better choice if you are actually going to shoot it regularly. I wouldn't shoot the La Chasse. However, they're only worth what someone wanting one would pay for it. The future worth is kind of unpredictable.

James

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I was going to add, that the going rate is between $1100 and $1500 depending upon the buyer, and that's assuming NIB with everything as it left Ulm.

On the up side, it's already been fired.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not just for look'n at

So you guys think I would be wasting a good day at the river if I don't put this one in the truck before I leave.I can see that ,as long as I clean it properly it would kind of be a waste not to shoot every now and then , at least to set the sights.
Thank you guys for your Opinions and some facts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not just for look'n at

I really like the look and feel of the gun I can even appreciate the oak leaves but all of that writing is just to busy for me.I don't even know what it says.I just feel as if the gun is too cluttered.Sorry to hurt your feelings,I haven't been able to shoot it yet but it feels really balanced with a full clip it is about perfect.
Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
La chasse

Ok guys I am into it for $400.00 . I think I should pass it on to someone else.I would put it in a safe and pull it out for a quarterly cleaning and in a few years I would watch the trend and on an uptick I would put it up for sale.I would be just as happy to sell for $1000.00 right now.After a closer inspection that price may go up ,like if was in like brand new and unshot then It would go up to $1200. If it has been shot I will take it to the range and have some fun with it.Maybe if I like it enough just keep it and clean it 4 times a year and shoot it once or twice.I tend to be a long gun kind of guy.If you are interested drop me a line I don't know how to ship a hand gun so I would rather sell it local (for the right price I would try and figure out shipping.( I will try to do it right and transfer ownership through an FFL.) I would probably do a partial trade with it for a cruiser style motorcycle
Thank you for your attention
Duane Nickell
(913)422-5473
Oh yeh I forgot I will be delayed for 3 days when I go to pick it up
I am in the process of getting my CCL that should clear that up but not yet

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.