Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a Kydex holster for my Walther P99 and P99c. I would like both an IWB and OWB suggestion for both as I will be using it for IDPA. My favorite manufacturer is JM Custom Kydex but he doesn't make anything for the P99 pistols. I am also left handed as well which sucks because some makers dont make left handed pistols.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am looking for a Kydex holster for my Walther P99 and P99c. I would like both an IWB and OWB suggestion for both as I will be using it for IDPA. My favorite manufacturer is JM Custom Kydex but he doesn't make anything for the P99 pistols. I am also left handed as well which sucks because some makers dont make left handed pistols.

If you have a P99 with the revised frame (i.e. non-proprietary rail and the squared off trigger guard), there are more options than for the first generation guns (proprietary rail and hooked trigger guard with the hump).

Clinger Holsters makes a holster called the V3 which can convert between IWB and OWB. Black Arch Holsters makes some IWB holsters for the P99 and P99 Compact. G-Code makes an IWB holster for the P99. Stealth Gear has options. A simple search of the forum or Google will no doubt yield dozens more options.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I just ordered a Theis holster. He makes one for both guns, the compact and full size. This also comes in left handed.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Garrett has OWB suitable for IDPA - Silent Thunder Champion. Kydex is lined with leather for a smooth, quiet draw. I would expect you could use a P99 holster for a P99c, but you would have to ask to be sure.

They also have IWB holsters. I am not affiliated with them but I do have a couple of OWB holsters for IDPA.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I received my Theis holster the other day. I am quite impressed, never had a Kydex holster before.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts

https://customcarryconcepts.com enjoys roughly the same good reputation as JMCK among those in the know, and makes good IWB, AIWB, and OWB holsters for the P99 that will fit the P99 and P99c. I own two of their BMC mag carriers and their pancake-style OWB/IWB convertible kydex holster. The holster fits both my P99c and my full-size P99, and the mag carriers have stood up very well to 6+ years of daily carry *and* USPSA use.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you have a Dremel, a drill, and a pair of tin snips, you can make your own. A heat gun helps, but you can use the oven to heat the kydex in a pinch. In all honesty, if you're only making one sheath it's probably cheaper to send your knife off to a custom maker. Buying the kydex, rivets and Chicago screws will likely approach the price of a custom made sheath.
If, however, you have aspirations to make more than the one, by all means jump in with both feet. You'll be amazed at how many useful kydex items you can make. Watch YouTube videos and run some online searches and in a couple hours you'll be there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Another one to look at is https://jpsholsters.com/ They have molds for the P99 and P99c. I purchased the Nomad, which is and AIWB which rides low. It's adjustable, and I ended up adjusting it upwards. The lowest setting, the bottom of the grip was right at the top of my pants. There are 3 ride height options, so you can make your choice. Quality and fit is dead on, and I'm really happy with it. Much better than other kydex holsters I have bought.

·
Registered
343 Posts
In my experience, JMCK PPQ holsters fit P99s, so I'd recommend ordering one of those and sticking with what you like.

Otherwise, the only companies I can think of that support the P99 and are in generally the same tier as JMCK are Dale Fricke and Custom Carry Concepts.

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts