Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably should have parked this in the Customer Service thread but wanted to call it out here.

I picked up a Gadsden AL PPKS (mfg 71) from a guy who said that he was a GS for Walther back in the day. Reblued.. picked it up for I thought a fair price in the mid-$400s. Took it out for a brief spin and the safety detent and extractor broke. Also, on a subsequent outing, I found that the magazine dropped out unexpectedly at various times.

I sent in the slide in for repair and had it back in about 10 days with a new extractor, spring and pin. I sent the entire gun in on the 14th for the magazine catch repair and just got it back today, again 10 days later, with a new catch and catch spring.

With shipping and labor, I would have looked at about $160 total expenses but Walther picked it all up including the shipping to get the gun to them. All I can say is... wow!

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Great service.

As an aside, I did not think US production began earlier than the very late 70s or very early 80s. Am I missing something? You refer to your pistol as a Gadsden Alabama pistol made in 1971.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shawn I’m still learning but I picked up that date from somewhere or someone. I’ll try to find out how I came up with the 71 date and post here. It’s got the Interarms rollstamp from Alexandria VA, with VA stamped on the barrel assembly at the ejector port. The flip side is Made in USA under the Walther logo.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, so I found some entry errors in my database and corrected them - apologies for the confusion.

This particular gun, as I mentioned, has the Interarms, Alexandria VA roll stamp and I verified it's Made in USA under the Walther logo.

Q: This makes it a Ranger, right?

·
Super Moderator
7,434 Posts
Yep. Somebody here (Pilot Steve?) has a serial #s chart.
Check the stickies too.

Moon

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep. Somebody here (Pilot Steve?) has a serial #s chart.
Check the stickies too.

Moon

Yep - the sticky refers to a chart but the link appeared to have been severed some time back. Also, for PPKS, I'm seeing Rangers supposedly began with a letter. This one is all numbers. So color me confused again!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did more of a thorough search through the sticky and I think I found it. I think its birth year is about 1984. Thx!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts