Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SEM, Suhler Einhakmontage. They were the most common mount for half a century in Germany but were sinfully expensive and had to be installed by a qualified gun smith. Gun smith students in Germany do not even learn how to install the SEM anymore but when done right, they are rock solid.

Ten years ago the installed mount with rings was somewhere around $1,000, if memory serves me right.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes Mike but you have to take into consideration that German hunters take their scopes off sometimes and want absolute return to zero when they remount it. Recknagel mounts are currently the favorite option and they are not really that much cheaper.

In the country that brought you the Mercedes, quality expectations and the willingness to pay much more for a little bit of high end are definitely different than here.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Y...

In the country that brought you the Mercedes, quality expectations and the willingness to pay much more for a little bit of high end are definitely different than here.
Andy, I take your point, though others might disagree that it is very much different here. Mercedes markets its cars here in the USA to precisely such people, though I'm doubtful that such willingness extends to scope mounts and rings (but I'm probably wrong). On the other hand, Umarex has succeeded here on the marketing premise that Americans will buy anything.

I called my last Mercedes "the Panzerkampfwagen". It's gone now, but if I ever get another one, I've just decided to name it "Recknagel".

M

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike,

German cars shine on the Autobahn. I have never had a Jaguar, Ferrari, Corvette or other non-German car force me to yield the left lane of the last frontier to them., even though my business cars all shut off at 150.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I can totally see 1k for a top notch scope mount from the period.

I just installed a SPUHR (Made in Sweden) mount that costs half that price. These SPUHR mounts are not discounted either.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Andyd, I just pick one up in Canada. It is a 22 Hornet with SEM and a 4 power German Scope and double set trigger.
What kind of scope, does it have windage adjustment or is the adjustment done over the support?

A photo will be worth than a thousand words ...

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Andyd, I just pick one up in Canada. It is a 22 Hornet with SEM and a 4 power German Scope and double set trigger.
What kind of scope, does it have windage adjustment or is the adjustment done over the support?

A photo will be worth more than a thousand words ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts