Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Earl Sheehan has these listed, does anyone else know of a source of magazines for the KKJ in .22 Hornet? Thank you.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
KKJ magazines in any calibre are expensive and hard to come by. I would not know of anyone but Earl on this side of the Atlantic.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
It's Earl or keep a close watch on the gun auction sites online. Or ... you could write direct to Walther/Germany and see if they might have something that could be shipped across the pond. WHo knows? Stranger things have happened.

Company contact information:

Carl Walther, GmbH : ALL.BIZ: Germany

Company website:

http://www.carl-walther.de/

Company name: Carl WALTHER GmbH Sportwaffen
City: Arnsberg
Street: Donnerfeld 2
Region: Nordrhein-Westfalen
Postal code: 59757

Phone(s): +49 731 1539109 (fax)
+49 731 15390

Service

+49 2932 638149 (fax)
+49 2932 638100

Email: CONTACT NOW : Carl Walther, GmbH : ALL.BIZ: Germany

or, more simply ...

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Oh, they'd sell ... but they have none.

I was lucky enough to walk into a gunstore in a small town in Northern Germany and finding a .22 l.r. KKJ magazine there. When the clerk answered my question about the price I tried to stay calm, I paid the €10 (appprox. US$14), got a few other magazines for great prices and drove off rather happily:).

Going price in the cities in Germany is usually €50 and up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Andy and searcher, found one on auction with a buy it now! I texted my friend who has the KKJ .22 Hornet and he jumped on it. Thank you for the links and ideas...K75RT

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a quick follow up; my friend bought the one at auction and low and behold the one that was misplaced by the owner has since surfaced as did the original manual in English. Thanks to all who helped...;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Guys, I have to KKJ Hornet magazines here in the UK having just scrapped my KKJ Hornet last week, but I don't think I could post these to the USA. Pity.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's a well used gun and she was getting a problem ejecting due to brass distortion - easy enough to rebarrel but here in the UK that's not cheap, plus then threading for a moderator and proofing at the proof house, etc. It was close to the cost of a BRNO Fox in Hornet so I'm cutting over to that.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
The KKJs have trouble holding headspace in .22 Hornet. The action is a bit on the slender side for centerfire.

The Czechs have more meat on them and don't have that problem.

M

·
Registered
20 Posts
The KKJs have trouble holding headspace in .22 Hornet. The action is a bit on the slender side for centerfire.

The Czechs have more meat on them and don't have that problem.

M

Hi Mike. First time I heard of a problem with the Hornet. What should I look for, case head separation?

Russ

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Not cause for immediate alarm, but things to keep an eye out for:

Bolt looseness; locking lug or receiver locking recess deformation or setback; barrel drift or looseness; hard extraction, stretched or separated cases.

M

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The KKJ in .22 Hornet is at its limit but if problems occur, they can be corrected by a qualified gunsmith - a smith with a lathe ans the skill to operate it.

My beloved Anschütz 54 rifles have the equal problem with the .222 Remington, that is why i have a Sako Vixen in that calibre.

Neverthelss, the KKJ should be fine in .22 Hornet - unless you use it regularly for many, many rounds.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I rarely shoot the kkj hornet. I usually shoot my Anschutz 1730 match. It has a match chamber and match trigger set at 200 grams. It shoots a ragged hole @ 100 yards with Hornady 35 grain factory ammo. That's something I cannot get the kkj to do.

The kkj on the other hand is very nice to carry.

Russ

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The kkj on the other hand is very nice to carry.
Let's not forget that KKJ stands for Klein Kaliber Jagd, small bore hunt. It was designed as a rilfe for German hunters to take care of varmint.

At its inception it had been very successful and popular but later waned and lost to the sturdiness and price adavantage of Anschütz 64 action and also Voere rimfire rifles.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Let's not forget that KKJ stands for Klein Kaliber Jagd, small bore hunt.

I never knew what kkj stood for, that's quite interesting. They are still among my favorite firearms. I hope to enjoy them for many years to come.
This forum is an excellent example of how the internet can be educative and a valuable information exchange.

Waltherforums is also one of the friendlier forums and a great place to hang out. We have Searcher451 here doing a marvellous job to keep things civil without being fussy or throwing his weight around.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts