Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently acquired this copy of the Walther PP, a Turkish Kirikkale made in 1950. A very close copy of the Walther product, it has a heel release instead of the thumb button. The grips are marked with a banner reading Kirikkale (later versions read MKE, the Turkish factory initials).

It came with a holster, the holster has no markings, no cleaning rod or a spare magazine pouch either. The magazine has a distinctive finger rest but was otherwise unmarked.

As the pistol is not import marked, it is likely that it came over with a US veteran to whom this was presented for service with that NATO ally. Later copies were imported for a short while, but due to a conflict with Walther as these were not licensed copies, those imports were stopped.

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A few more images showing the internal frame and mag catch spring (also the hammer spring), and the barrel mount which does not have a ring to retain a slide spring.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,694 Posts
It appears nicely polished and finished.
How close are these to an actual Walther? Would a Walther flatbottom mag work?
Moon

·
Registered
183 Posts
Interesting stuff. The Turks history with German arms clearly goes back a ways...to WWI (or before?).

Maybe an interesting "collection" would be examples of all the PP clones out there....from the various flavors to FEG to ??????

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks- I don't have a wartime Walther mag to check, but postwar mags do not fit because of their ridge on the left wall. I bought some new (advertised as) Kirikkale mags online but they do not work as the lips push up the slide retaining arm and the facing notch is not cut properly. Maybe with modifications by filing. As Kirikkale mags don't have a notch cut in the wall, they wouldn't work in a Walther anyway.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I bought a Kirikkale back in the early 1970s. I wanted a Walther but could not find one I could afford. It shot fairly decently but was a bit less than 100% reliable. As I recall factory ammunition was about $30 a box so I never shot enough to really break it in. I traded it off at some point. I wish I had it back.

That looks like a nice example. Congratulations.

·
Super Moderator
7,694 Posts
Hey, Mike, it's shiny and blue. Gimmie a break. ;)
Matthane, hadn't realized it was a 9; assumed a .32. That glasses thing...

It is .380, and not a Mak?
Right your are, Redcoat. Can we say 'Gallipoli'?
Moon

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup, it's .380, not Mak. So far it has eaten anything I feed it, but the truncated cone on the WWB seems to be the best. Fiocchi and S&B .380 are not well liked by my PPK/S so now I can use them up. Mechanically, no problems but only one mag so far.

But it is in nice shape, so I am not going to feed it too much.

Thanks for the tip!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.