34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, we already talked about it but I don't remember:
What is the letter K after the serial number
Thank you

·
Registered
629 Posts
It can mean a couple of things depending on when it was made and if there is also a matching serial number on the slide and magazines. Do you have any pics?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It can mean a couple of things depending on when it was made and if there is also a matching serial number on the slide and magazines. Do you have any pics?

Hello, no number on the slide, I'm about to buy it
It's a Zella Mellis with a gripp like I like them Brown with black flames
How do I send photos?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hello, we already talked about it but I don't remember:
What is the letter K after the serial number
Thank you
Like RafMan wrote above, by the mid 1930s, the Walther company used a consecutive serial number range for all their pistols until the numbers approached 1,000,000. To shorten the numbers and be able to tell which serial number represented what kind of gun, the company added a suffix behind the serial number. The letter K indicated the pistol was a PPK. K for Kriminal, P for Polizei, O for Olympia, A for Acht (the Model 8) and so on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like RafMan wrote above, by the mid 1930s, the Walther company used a consecutive serial number range for all their pistols until the numbers approached 1,000,000. To shorten the numbers and be able to tell which serial number represented what kind of gun, the company added a suffix behind the serial number. The letter K indicated the pistol was a PPK. K for Kriminal, P for Polizei, O for Olympia, A for Acht (the Model 8) and so on.[/quo

Thanks to you two

1 - 7 of 7 Posts