Walther Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and it was a great first experience with the walther. I have shot my friends 9mm glock before and I must admit, the p99 has a bit more of a kick to get used to. On the upside though, I switched on and off between the p99 and a glock 19 (the two pistols I am debating about purchasing) and while the glock is a little easier to handle the walther is much more accurate for me. I will probably pick up the g19 a few months after I purchase the walther. I asked the clerk there whether or not I was shooting an AS or a QA...he was befuddled with my question and just said that was the "original model". I'm assuming the original was AS...am I wrong? I am considering the QA because many reviews and ppl claim it has a more glock like feel to the trigger which I like. If anyone has any input or suggestions feel free. Other than that I was very impressed with the walther and that experience has solidified me in purchasing one. Will post pics as soon as that transaction is done. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
All "QA" models are marked "QA"....
The "QA" has a decock button about 1/3rd of the "AS" and will decock the gun for take down only... it is not a DA/SA gun...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well, I highly highly highly recommend the Walther.

I recently (yesterday actually) helped a co-worker buy his first firearm.

We've gone shooting together several times, and he's shot all the pistols I own (BHP, P99 (.40 S&W), CZ 75 P-01, Ruger wheelgun, etc.).

One of the things I've tried to stress is how it feels in the hand is a very important factor on how you'll handle the weapon. If it doesn't fit well in your hand, you likely won't be able to shoot it well.

His choices were narrowed down to Glock (reliability, but didn't fit his hand well, too blocky), Sig (excellent gun, fit much better than the Glock), and CZ 75 of some variant (reliable, fits well).

He ended up with a Sig P226 in 9mm because it just felt so much better in his hand in a side by side comparison to the Glock.

The Walther has much more rounded "corners" of the grip, whereas the Glock is more blocky. Check them out side by side sometime.

As for reduced recoil, I just got a Beretta PX4 and it is interesting how the rotating barrel reduces recoil.

Good luck in your search! *Walther, Walther, Walther*

1 - 3 of 3 Posts