Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already posted some pics that the dealer sent me, but here are some more....
german PPK, but on the right side of the slide it says interarms.....weird..........any one care to explain this? i beleive the dealer said it was a 1964ish one...

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Interarms is the Importer.

Nice looking piece. And nice collection. There should be a date stamped on the chamber in the extraction port. Should have something like 64 with an antler next to it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting it actually says 69...............thought they stopped importing them in 68?.

anyway, the WEIRDEST thing happened.
I had ordered a High Noon Hidden Ally holster for the gun last friday.
I have been expecting this gun for a few days now, i expected it monday, and i have been calling my local FFL 3 or 4 times a day since then, here it is wednesday.....the gun finally arrived! so i took it home cleaned it well, took it all apart, gave it a good clean.......
i just wrapped it in an old cloth and stuck it in my range bag and walked out the door to go to the range. I thought to myself "oh well maybe that holster will be in soon". i got in my car, started it, and as i was about to back out, i looked in my rear view mirror and the UPS man pulled up!!! sure enough, he had my holster........so i got to WEAR the PPK to the range on its first trip.,
It did fairly well, i shot a mixture of FML ball ammo (UMC from walmart) and i shot a few speer Gold Dots.
i had two failures to eject with the UMC and one hammer fall with no fire. the Speers were flawless, but i didnt shoot THAT many............

here are a few pics to show off this High Noon holster, the first pic is the holster in the "tucked" mode........can you see it?
?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i do admitt, the jeans i have on a little thin, and the Tshirt is not very baggy, with a bit different clothing, it would vanish a bit more.........here it is in regular IWB mode

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and one of the holster without the owner!!!
its sitting beside its favorite thing to eat!!!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Are you sure Bob sent you the right PPK?

Nice looking example.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes its the same one. I zoomed in on the pic he sent me and the serial numbers match.
Ill have to scan a pic of that symbol under the serial number by the tigger guard. it looks like it was stamped with something and then stamped OVER again....rather odd looking.
Also something you cant tell in the pic he sent me is all the lettering and serial numbers on the right side of the gun are yellow (white) filled..... is that normal?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I'd be curious as to how this got into the country where it is a 1969 vintage. Maybe a cop bought it.

I've seen PPK with the lettering filled in. I'm not sure if the owner did it or someone else. In your case it almost looks like the importer, Interarms, did it. The only reason I say that is because only the serial number and the importer are highlighted. Why not the Walther banner on the other side???
Curious.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Can you tell what is inside of that circle under the over stamped star? That would help us determine what it means. I can't tell from the picture.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i cant tell either, you can see it in the pic better than just looking at it................ill look around for a magnifing glass........

so is gun a good find? how much would it be worth?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Yes, its an excellent find. I can't remember how much you paid for it, but to find a German/(French) made PPK is always a great thing. In fact I'd be hesitant to even put it in that holster and wear it around. I'd rather keep it in as good as condition as I could. Just my opinion. On the other hand what good is a gun if you can't shoot it? I've currently got 2 Walther's that I won't shoot and 1 that I shoot very rarely. And I've got my PPK which I haven't shot at all, although I probably will someday.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well this one didnt come with a box, i could have spent a bit more and got one with a box, but i wanted a PPK i could use and carry, it will mean more to me if it has some use to it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haved a 68 PPK in 32, same Interarms grip. Really shoots nice, but the only reliable hollow point I have found is MagTech (sp?), Brazilian ammo, I believe. It's a keeper.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HMMM must be a bad scan, but these are the BROWN two peice grips. interarms grips where Black right?
i guess the scan i just dark...........

question..........the import date mark on the chamber says "69" isnt that a bit odd considering the ban was a year eariler...........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts