Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are factory walther mags, restricted stamp, marked 15 rounds, not 16 rounders. It took S&W (walther america) about 3 weeks from the time I sent for them.

·
Registered
539 Posts
You can get 2 free high cap mags if your state allows. Of course mine (CA) does not. I should ask them for two extra 10 round mags though. That would certainly be a nice thing to get!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go to www.waltheramerica.com, and read the hi cap offer. If I remember correctly, if you purchased your p99 between august and december this year, you can get 2 free hi caps. The dates are specific, so go to walthers site and read up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is the offer from walther:

2 HIGH-CAPACITY MAGAZINES AT NO COST!
Any consumer purchasing one of the following Walther handguns at retail between August 15, 2004 and December 31, 2004 that did not include two high capacity magazines at the time of purchase will receive from Walther, two high capacity magazines for their specific handgun (subject to federal, state and local restrictions) at no charge upon submission of the handguns model number, serial number and a copy of either the dated receipt or Federal Form 4473.

Model List:

All full size P99 models including P99, P990, P99QA and P990L.
Does not apply to compact models.

Walther Hi Cap offer

·
Registered
30 Posts
Got mine also. Super deal considering they are still around $39 each at the shows. Took mine about 10 days to arrive after mailing the paperwork.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm hoping to get mine soon. I think I mailed my paperwork out about two weeks ago, and I haven't recieved anything saying that there has been a problem.

Hopefully I will get them this week so I can get to the range while I still have some free time.

·
Registered
77 Posts
masdog,

I just brought my P99 today in Ti and went right down to the PO and mailed out the paperwork for my mags. Please keep us updated on how long it takes to receive them.

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's been almost a month since I sent my paperwork out, and there is still no sign of them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just a quick update:

I spoke to the rep about my free mags not ariving when so many have received theirs so quick, since I was worried my application may not have made it there or something. Apparently they're burried under thousands of applications, so it's going to take them a lot longer to process them than they originally thought. Those of you who got your mags early lucked out! The rest of us will get them eventually.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Am I just being paranoid, or is it troubling that we have to submit the serial number and 4473 to the company that acquiesced to the Clinton Gun Ban Mania?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Still waiting - was hoping to have them in time for the week of Thanksgiving when I have some time off and was planning to get some range time in.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I asked if us 'poor folk' in California could get 2 10 round mags but got 'no'. I know you guys will say 'you get what you deserve for living in CA' but that's still a bummer
. Why only give freebies to some people? Didn't I pay the same for my P99? I'll be contacting Walther Germany next.

·
Registered
4 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nocturnal @ Nov. 13 2004,10:44)]I asked if us 'poor folk' in California could get 2 10 round mags but got 'no'. I know you guys will say 'you get what you deserve for living in CA' but that's still a bummer
. Why only give freebies to some people? Didn't I pay the same for my P99? I'll be contacting Walther Germany next.
Yeah, but you live in California, blame your politicians and law makers, not the gun manufacturers.

BTW, I got my hi-caps today, I sent in my application like 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
539 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Yeah, but you live in California, blame your politicians and law makers, not the gun manufacturers.
I don't blame Walther for the CA laws and never said that I did. I do think they should provide their California customers the same service they do to folks from other states. I paid the same as others did, why not send 2 lo-cap mags my way?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry, I overlooked the fact you said "10-rd mags" in your first post. You're right, your request doesn't sound unreasonable, but unforunately sometimes thats the answer you get when dealing with big name companies. Hopefully you make some progress with your complaint.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine just arrived today!!!!
Not too bad, only took a little over 3 weeks. Like others that have posted, they are 15 rounders and not the 16 that the P99 originally came with when they first hit the market in Europe. Thats ok - they are factory mags.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just spoke to Walther again yesterday. They said I am on this list and they will send me my mags when they get more in stock. Apparently they're on backorder because of the number of requests has exceeded the number of mags on hand. The guy there said it would be at least another three weeks; it's been nearly six weeks already. Some of you are just luckier than I am I guess.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts