Walther Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Went to the range today with my son to shoot the PPQ. I am very amazed at the accuracy this pistol has. From 18 yards I took out 6 tins with 6 shots. That may not sound amazing to most of you but for me it is unheard of. The trigger is going to take some getting used to. Out of 50 rounds I fired 2 unintended shots immediately following intended shots. My Glock 21 does not even compare to the PPQ. I love this pistol and it is my new preferred hand gun.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Congrats. In the mean time go find an instructor and get your Florida Concealed Weapons and Firearms license (CWFL) so you don't have to deal with the ignorant reactionary laws in Florida

·
Premium Member
8,560 Posts
Out of 50 rounds I fired 2 unintended shots immediately following intended shots. My Glock 21 does not even compare to the PPQ. I love this pistol and it is my new preferred hand gun.
I've seen a number of people new to Qs do this. The trigger has an amazing reset and after a few boxes of ammo you'll learn your trigger discipline.

As to its accuracy, those of us who carry it every day will agree totally! The more range time you put in with it the better you'll find yourself becoming.

As I said before throw on some good night sights like TFX Pros and you have and excellent weapon for all situations!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love my PPQ. I also love my Steyr C9-A1, Glock 17, Glock 40, and S&W J Frame. They all eat any and all ammo I feed them.

To avoid the wait to get your weapon, move up here to Alaska, get your CCW, and walk out 20 minutes after you start your transaction. The CCW makes you NICS exempt.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Please read the manual before you go shoot the gun

Hi everyone. I am new here. I just purchased a 9mm PPQ. I live in Florida so although I purchased the pistol I have to wait until friday to pick it up. I plan on heading straight to the range with it on friday and put some rounds through it. Really looking forward to that. My question is, I have read that Walther recommends not shooting +P ammo in the PPQ. So what is a good 9mm defense round to use in this firearm? Looking forward to reading post on this forum. Right now I am trying to learn as much as I can about the PPQ.

The gun comes with lots of oil/grease when it's new. All that need to be cleaned before you start shooting the gun. Get to know your gun and read the manual that comes with the gun before you take it out and shoot it.

The manual says that +P is harder on the gun. The manual says not to use +P+ ammo. I follow the manual's directions.

Have fun. You have a great gun and it will shoot like a dream

I use M-Pro7 to clean my gun or Hoppies Elite. They are about the same thing.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats!

I treated myself to a PPQ in honor of Karl Walther's birthday Friday! My first PPQ. Eager to shoot it, been wanting one for some time and the right deal came along. I can tell it's packed with quality goodness.

If you like the PPQ, keep your eyes out for a P99. I also got one (my 3rd) earlier this week. It's one of my favorite pistols. Very similar gun, with a different trigger experience.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just ordered a PPQ with the 5" barrel myself. Was going to go for a Q5 but the rules for the Service Pistol matches I plan to use it for require fixed sights. Guess they cut slack on the windage adjustment.

The club is planning several matches this year so I may also try using my P5 in one or more to see how it goes.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts