Walther Forums banner

Just bought a P99 AS!

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  InfernoMDM 
#1 ·
The funny thing is, I've never even shot one before! Hopefully I won't be disappointed when the time comes.

I was having a VERY difficult time deciding which caliber to go with, not to mention with make of gun to buy. I've always been a big fan of the SIG's but those run around $200 more and also are a heavier gun, which can be a bit of a pain when you already have around 30lbs of gear on your belt. I finally decided on the Walther in 9mm as the ammo is cheaper and the recoil will probably be a little less. I've also heard the walther 9mm is 100% German made as opposed to the 40..though I'll have to wait until I actually SEE the gun to check the proof makes.

Another reason I bought the Walther was because not to many people are familiar with the gun. All the other officers I work with use Glocks (inhouse security for a county facility), unfortunately it's the only gun our company will pay for. It's also a gun I don't care for (ugly with awful ergonomics, and did I mention how ugly it is).

I won't mention what I paid for the Walther as the gun wasn't in stock and had to be special ordered. I'll post again once I receive it.

#2 ·
Enjoy that baby because I know you will like it...buy yourself a thousand rds of ammo and break it in...then clean an lightly oil it up and you will be good to go...felt recoil is more than on some 9mm do to higher bore axis but I don't find it to be a problem...any questions you might have this is the place to post them...welcome to the family.:)

#3 ·
Welcome to the group I am going to offer you some info I got from a few soursces to include people on here.

1. Smith & Wesson (SW99) magazines work in the walther. I just bought 5 for 15 bucks. ITs a great deal, and I know CDNN has them.

2. Check on here (do a search) about bad magazines. I know a few magazines had bad floor plates, but I think that was perdominatly in the 40 cal model. Just check it out.

3. Caliber size is the biggest load of shit when it comes to your common rounds. I agree I like the 357 SIG and it has great potential among other things. However wound balistics have proven no real difference between the 9mm +P all the way to the 45ACP +P. If you wish to see the photos I will see if I can pull them up again.

4. I found out on my own that the TLR-1/2 fit on the walther P99 with a 6-8 dollar smith and wesson key.

5. Blade Tech makes holsters that fit the Walther and light, but you might be waiting 5-8 weeks for delievery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.