Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should it only come with one mag? Should it come with extra sights? The date code is KI.

Put the new style trigger in (had to modify the frame slightly )
and put in new style slide stop spring.
I love how easy they are to work on! Almost as easy as a Glock!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
All P99s ship from the factory with 2 10 round magazines to the USA. If it came with one, your dealer/seller "rooked" you. They also come with extra sights, extra back straps, test target, manual, warranty card and the yellow tool to help take down the magazines for cleaning.

BTW: Why would you want to change out the trigger? That's part of the appeal of the KI date coded ones, the original split trigger

If you need another 10 round mag, I have one for sale for $20 delivered

James

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have plenty of 16 rnd mags, really have no use for 10 rnds.
The trigger that came with it was terrible. If you didnt put your finger on it in the right spot, it will NOT move. I dont like that. I will sell you the old trigger assy . if you want it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
What is the difference between the new and older trigger assemblies? I have a p99 in .40 with a date code KI and I really like the trigger on it. Also is there some problem with the slide stop spring or was the one on yours just worn?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The trigger that came on mine, had a safety incorporated into it. If you try and pull the trigger any other way than exactly where they want your finger to be, it will not move rearward. It was supposed to be , that if it snagged on clothing, it would not accidently fire. but it seems as though it did not work as intended , so thats why Walther changed the trigger, to the latest style.
The slide stop spring is a long story. they all had the same one in it (40s and 9s) till people with the 40s were complaining that there slides were locking back with ammo still in the mag. Walther thought it was a spring issue, but was really a mag issue. So they redesigned the slide stop spring and came out with new 40 mags.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts