Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was really plug-n-play... Decocker button works fine.

Merge of Full size P99AS 9MM to PPQ frame.

1. Push out roll pins- rear and front.
2. Remove sear 'module'.
3. Remove locking block/trigger.

Had to carefully 'trim' some of the PPQ frame where the trigger would travel when pulled. You could see where it appear the mold was changed.

Install P99AS sear module, locking block, trigger in PPQ frame.

The only issue I ran into was I had to adjust the very small set screw on the right side of the sear block that adjusted the travel height of the transfer bar.

Very impressed how the P99-PPQs are built and designed.

Walther, Please, build this. Its really plug and play. Update the roll mark on the P99AS slide and change the logo on the PPQ grip. With HK on the financial ropes you have an easy go to market product.

I would order one each of the new PP99Q-AS in 9mm and .40.

Regards,
-P

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P99 AS DA/SA Decocker with PPQ ambi slide release, button mag release (dont care), grip profile. Best of both worlds for me.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Walther, Please, build this.
I'd actually like a P99 with a PPQ striker assembly, and the single action lever cut so that the decocker would not decock the pistol.

This leaves you with an AS-mode-only pistol with a long and light trigger, the same short reset, and a button on the top of the slide that can be used as a "striker block" when reholstering.

I'd purchase this immediately if Walther gave us this as a factory option. I could see it selling as a contract pistol as well, to people who like H&K's LEM trigger.

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
I'm a little surprised that Walther hasn't revamped the P99 lines to make it look like the PPQ. You know, with a stupid button and the same shape as the Q. :rolleyes:

I like your idea better.

Too bad the PPQc isn't a paddle frame.

Wait...I'm not much of a fan of the AS trigger to begin with..nevermind..carry on..

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
I'm a little surprised that Walther hasn't revamped the P99 lines to make it look like the PPQ. You know, with a stupid button and the same shape as the Q.
If I had to guess, I'd guess that they don't see a reason to do so.

The P99 used to be their flagship pistol that they would use to win police and military contracts, but that isn't the case anymore since the P99Q was released in 2008. I'd imagine that the only reason the P99 hasn't been discontinued already, is because Walther will continue making pistols and parts until the P99 is no longer used by these agencies.

I'd imagine that the H&K USP has the same fate. People have been asking H&K to update the accessory rail on the USP series for over a decade, and still no update.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hello

question, does the smaller backstrap of the ppq fit the P99 first generation frame? I use the smallest backstrap on mine but I hate the hump or big butt.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm a little surprised that Walther hasn't revamped the P99 lines to make it look like the PPQ. You know, with a stupid button and the same shape as the Q. :rolleyes:
A fine example of “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.”
I think the P99 is about the best looking and sexiest (can pistols be sexy?) pistol ever. So much so it will now be my primary 9mm and I sold a couple of other guns to make room for the P99C which should arrive in a couple of days.

*I limit myself to the number of guns I own. If I buy one I have to sell one. Otherwise I end up with a lot of guns that don’t get shot. Played that game before but no more.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I like my P99 as is, I am glad that others can marry the slide with the PPQ lower.
What makes one happy is the way to go.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Was really plug-n-play... Decocker button works fine.

Merge of Full size P99AS 9MM to PPQ frame.

1. Push out roll pins- rear and front.
2. Remove sear 'module'.
3. Remove locking block/trigger.

Had to carefully 'trim' some of the PPQ frame where the trigger would travel when pulled. You could see where it appear the mold was changed.

Install P99AS sear module, locking block, trigger in PPQ frame.

The only issue I ran into was I had to adjust the very small set screw on the right side of the sear block that adjusted the travel height of the transfer bar.

Very impressed how the P99-PPQs are built and designed.

Walther, Please, build this. Its really plug and play. Update the roll mark on the P99AS slide and change the logo on the PPQ grip. With HK on the financial ropes you have an easy go to market product.

I would order one each of the new PP99Q-AS in 9mm and .40.

Regards,
-P
Where did you buy the PPQ Frame?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts